American Royal Too long a stay

Help Support Steer Planet:

SWMO

Does anyone else think that we are having to be at the Royal too long this year? :mad:

The main breeds have to be in place Tuesday Morning at 8:00 and don't get released until Sunday.  What a drag and both my kids will have to miss four days of school which is frowned upon at our Jr High.  Since ours is not a agriculturally geared community the four days missed will be unexcused.

Why the push to be there so long this year?

justme

That and pushing it over Halloween really stinks.  My kids still trick-or-treat so it will be a downer on my 6 year old.  I am taking the cattle down and then my husband and kids will join me the night before the show so the kids can stay in school as much as they can.

justme

They did that before when they use to have it this late.  I hope people remember the little ones that are there.  There is no way I'm letting him trick or treat in KC.

kanshow

Wonder if you could find out where ppl you know are staying & hit those rooms or trailers. 

bcosu

i've wondered in the past if it is kind of like a public relations thing trying to get the city people in there to look at the "cows" and all the livestock. i know they shuffled the show schedule at our county fair so the public would be able to see some kind of cattle every day.

Bawndoh

At Agribition, most cattle are there for 8 solid days.  And everyone wonders how their cattle get pnemonia, abort calves, and get "burnt out".

Davis Shorthorns

I think so, I was planning on taking a heifer this year, but I just CAN NOT afford to miss all of that school.  I would have to bring her up on Monday night, and then stay all week long.  I would be missing at least one test that I knew of.  I am really disappointed I thought that she was a really good heifer and would have liked to see her at the show. 

mike

If you are just showing in the junior show you can go home Thursday after the show in the maine breed.

justme

We show open and jr. show so I'm stuck there for the duration.... :(  I love going, but dang its gonna hurt my wallet this year

DR

We used to take our Simmy's up on Tuesday and stay til the next Monday. I am just glad they still have the livestock show, it hasn't been that long ago that there was a big push to do away with that part of the royal.

JMO,
Dean

SWMO

Actually the simmi's have it the best this year.  I believe that they don't have to be in until thursday and get to go home on Sunday.  So there stay is better than it has been.

Six days is just hard on the wallet.