An amazing women!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Hilltop

I am sure there are many, actually most of the men out there that do not give our wive's any where near the recognition they deserve, and I am one of them.
Like so many others I work off the farm to try to hopefully one day reaqlize the dream of not having to leave at 5 or 6 am for work. This means my wife is stuck at home trying to do everything from being a mother, book keeper, AI technician, 4-H club leader, cow calver, hay cutter, baler and everything else in between, including trying to keep me in line which is a full time stressful job itself LOL. OH and I can't forget she is a hairdresser by trade and possibly giving some little old lady a set right now as I am writing this.
She did not grow up around livestock and was just thrown into most of these things and has done better than I would of in her position.
We got back into showing and she started clipping in 2008 and does a amazing job. Says she would rather do the cattle than people now!!!
Last night with me 4 hours from home the lacing on a baler belt went and it got all jammed up. After she cooled down and listened to how to slack off all the other belts she took the baler back to the yard, got the belt out this am, relaced and back in place and ready to bale again today.
Without what she does our operation would not exist.
You never get enough credit Babe and I just want everyone to know how lucky I am to be married to the best women in the world!!!

Okotoks

Kim probably doesn't even know you posted this as she is either out baling or getting the show string ready for next week's show! <beer>

She also has a good eye, I'm not quite sure how some of those cows ended up in Saskatchewan! (thumbsup)

.............meanwhile somewhere in southern Alberta, my wife Jill and daughter Jacqueline are dealing with a flat on our stock trailer on their way back from picking up our donor and some recipients! They went today as the facility is closed tomorrow and had the flat on their way back.

Hilltop

thanks Babe for all the nice words.... :-*..like cowgirl said...... everyone should post this on their refrigerator for others to see and be reminded..... better yet ....why don't you TELL your wife how you feel!!!!give it a try and see what happens ;)  -- Momma Hilltop              p.s. I'm headin out to the barn in a bit to get the showstring ready for tues., the baling is pretty much wrapped up now!!!! Gary got home last p.m. and did some of the last bales up for me!!!  thanks again Babe!

Latest posts