An old time quote to ponder upon.....

Help Support Steer Planet:

cowz

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away men's initiative and
independence.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them, what they could and
should do for themselves.
---Abraham Lincoln---

knabe

about 55% of americans apparently disagree with this.

my favorite line along this vein is you can't lift a bucket while standing in it unless you jump while holding onto the handle, but then you fall back down.

(i made up the part after it)

oakbar

Good quote, Cowz!!  Perhaps you should forward it to McCain's campaign manager.  Oh, never mind the way McCain's campaign is being run they'd only forward it to Obama and let him interpret it for them!!

cowz

McCain had better get after it!  The Acorn bunch sounds like they can assure a OHio win with all their fraudulent absentee ballots.  Shhesh.    Cant anybody spend the time to check them?   

knabe

cowz said:
McCain had better get after it!   The Acorn bunch sounds like they can assure a OHio win with all their fraudulent absentee ballots.  Shhesh.    Cant anybody spend the time to check them?   

i think the problem is that people can't be removed from the voter roles 90 days before an election.  how convenient.  register within that window, and you can only disallow after the election.  I think there are some lawsuits right now about voters being removed within the 90 day window and the courts, as usual, are declaring it unconstitutional.

so, by the time they investigated all the faulty registrations, the accumulated donor fraud, the 1st, 2nd amendment and others may be gone or encroached on.

1st amendment and the fairness doctrine
2nd amendment and gun laws, especially an overturn of the DC with a new appointee or two from the aclu or acorn.  perhaps even ayers himself.

that would be my question in the debate.  Senator Obama, would you consider william ayers, saul lewinsky etc, for supreme court justice.

cowz

Excuse me while I gather up Hooter Brown, Harvey the Rabbit, Pluto, Chip and Dale and a few others that recently turned of age and go register them!!!

I will tell them to vote for the old fart and the cute chick.

Doc

Thanks for posting!!
The last I heard they have raided ACORN offices in 12 states. In Las Vegas they say that they registered the Dallas Cowboys team there. The number I heard is that the workers have to register 20 people an hour to get paid & keep their job.

JbarL

cowz said:
You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away men's initiative and
independence.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them, what they could and
should do for themselves.
---Abraham Lincoln---

did he say that before or after he freed the slaves ?.....jbarl

cowz

Good point!  No doubt that this little gem was spoken to northerners.  Before Lincoln sent Gen. Sherman to destroy the South.

Seems like my little quip is better suited to social entitlement programs...hmmm.

JbarL

cowz said:
Good point!  No doubt that this little gem was spoken to northerners.  Before Lincoln sent Gen. Sherman to destroy the South.

Seems like my little quip is better suited to social entitlement programs...hmmm.
actually it is ...he created the freedman bureau .....a "social program" to provide "health care/ education and employment to our  "new citizens".....hummm...the first republican president...and the first assassinated one....you guys sure take your politics serious up there  :D...... ....have we finally found the scape goat for all our current economic and social  problems so we can go ahead and have an election...  ???   jbarl