angus and shorthorn bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

afhm

What can anyone tell me about the angus bull In Focus and theDesign lines in the shorthorns.  Thanks.

shortdawg

The Angus bull MTTY In Focus can be seen on www.absglobal.com. He is gaining popularity fast and is being promoted as a calving ease, balanced EPD'ed bull. I had a nice bull calf born out of him this week. The Design lines I think you are talking about are the New Design angus cattle. They are headed by New Design 878 who will be the first beef bull to sell one million units of semen. I've also had a lot of good luck with him producing both bulls and replacements. He too can be seen on the ABS site.

afhm

There is some Design lines in the shorthorns.  We are bidding on a pb shorthorn heifer that has that on the dam side.  I know about the design in the angus, I have admired them for years.  Thanks for the help.

Show Heifer

Here is my take: I didn't like my ND 878 calves....too fine boned, hard keeping.. Just too gangly for my liking.
Mytty In Focus : Really nice calves, although he will REALLY downsize frame. His calves are thick, and stylish, easy keeping.

My angus bull of choice is TC Freedom and BR Midland, amoung others....

Wait....are you talking angus bloodlines or shorthorn bloodlines?  I'm confused again!!! ::)

Latest posts