Angus Breeding Question

Help Support Steer Planet:

NWOhio

I have a Bando 5175 x Forever Lady 1121 grandaughter that is due to calve next month to Final Answer.  Looking ahead to what to breed her to this year.  She's long as a freight train and structurally sound.  Her weakness is she narrows up behind her shoulders a llittle and like most Angus could use little more bone and muscle.  Don't want to give up on Milk as we're trying to make good production Angus females.

I don't have wide experience with Angus pedigrees, so thought I would reach out for idea.  So far I've thought about 004 and Net Worth.  Thoughts........ 

ggjs

Try Bismarck or LLC Darkhorse.  They look like they are working for us.

stithka

Our 004 cows are excellent mothers.  Additionally, they have tremendous rib shape, fleshing ability, and thickness.  He would be an excellent choice if you are keeping females.  Our Net Worth daughters are just coming into production.  They are very broody females with loads of muscle.  IF they milk close to the 004's they should be tremendous females.

Show Heifer

I would lean toward OCC or Duff bulls, if thickness and maternal ability were goals. Very easy maintance, good maternal with absolute no loss of maternal, milk etc.
Plus, keep in mind the AM, NH, and all those other defects.

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
Also I know you people are really pushing your milk , my old vet told me once if your beef cow milk like a dairy cow you will have all the problems of a milk cow , .  Typically milk cow don't last very many years , could have Mastitis , harder to breed back  in our country in the Sandhills of NE.  to much milk can cost you a lot of money in the long haul ..

the angus111

If your cosidering Duff or OCC genetics,you have to look at frame.They certainly have the thickness.I am really impressed with Schaff genetics,I think you cant go wrong there.Rusty

GoWyo

One that I have been eyeballing for a couple of weeks is Kesslers Frontman R001.  Angus Semen Service has a video of him.  He doesn't give up any milk and definitely carries some thickness.

Cattledog

SAV Net Worth, he's one of the biggest changers in relation to muscle and will be heavier boned than the 004s.

WFCC

Cattledog said:
SAV Net Worth, he's one of the biggest changers in relation to muscle and will be heavier boned than the 004s.

definately networth

racekannon

The Networths I have been around are for the most part are nutz.  I would look at Midland, Payday, Currency.

cowboybecoachin

Some bulls we are using include: Net Worth, bismark, Mandan, Lazer, Spartan, and our own Trademark.

rtmcc

I LOVE our BC Lookouts.  More bodie, more power, more look, as sound as you can make one and all in a easy calving package.

Ron
<cowboy>

the angus111

I really like Lookout,but watch the frame.I like Midland, but IMO he wont add thickness or bone.what he does is make real feminine females.Rusty

rocknmranch

I would say 095, Objective, MF Destroyer. The 095 and Destroyer bull will give some thickness, Objective is a nice all round carcuss bull. 5175 is a huge growth bull, so backing off from the growth is needed. 004 makes nice babies, but he has a flawed ribeye with a hook in it, that explains why he dropped off after being thought to be the next up and coming bull.

MFJ338

Sure think you wouldn't go wrong with Bismark or maybe  his son SAV Brilliance, I saw him sell last year sure think he'll be the next up and coming bull from
S chaff's. He was sure stout and cool looking think he'll make some show end cattle to. ABS handle the bull. Good Luck!!!!!!