angus bull grizz???

Help Support Steer Planet:

wyatt

has anyone had experience with this bull i seen him on topsires website awhile ago and also herd he is good on heifers.

CAB

he's been used heavily in the past for CE & is in allot of clubbie cow pedigees. The only controversy is that he is not quite a PB Angus bull.

kfacres

CAB said:
he's been used heavily in the past for CE & is in allot of clubbie cow pedigees. The only controversy is that he is not quite a PB Angus bull.

That's what I was thinking... Isn't he the 'purebred' Angus bull who's a PHA carrier- or is the the purebred that wasn't quite pure??? 

CAB

Cut the BS said:
who's the 'angus' bull thats a carrier then?  not to get too far off topic?
[/quote

You might be thinking of Payback, but I don't know if he was PB Angus or not.

BadgerFan

I used Grizz plenty several years ago and liked the results.  Still have one daughter left out of an Imprint cow.  She's a darn solid cow and looks like she could last into her late teens.  Calving ease is excellent, but don't expect any powerhouse calves by Grizz.  Disposition of the calves is very good in my experience.  Overall a darn good old bull, and one I wouldn't mind still having in the tank.

ALTSIMMY 79

Had a pretty nice heifer calf out of the old grizz bull out of my draft pick x 6807 cow years ago. Just one calf but I'd have to say I really liked her. Born small but really grew pretty well as she got older. Good disposition too. 

worthabit

wrc

I remember when John Griswold showed Grizz's dam at the Oklahoma Junior livestock show in the mid eightys.  At that time I thought she was the best Angus female I had ever seen. 

rkmn

Hey WRC, any chance you could dig up a picture of her?  (Might be impossible at this point)
I will be using Grizz on some purebred Angus next spring and would like some additional info on the bull and his ancestry.
Would appreciate anything you could do for me.

aj

I was thinking he thrw some horned calves which would mean he was heterozyous polled( which shouldn't happen with a purebred Angus). I think he still fine as a registered Angus association though.

GoWyo

This seems to be the bull in question?

G C C Grizz 0065
Reg: AAA 11517594
[CAF-M1F]
Bull
Birth Date: 04/21/1990 Tattoo: 0065
Parentage: Blood type, Microsatellite, SNP
Breeder:
216228 -  Joe Griswold, Stillwater OK
Owner(s):
248856 - Herring Angus Ranch, Encampment WY

Emulous Master 209 AAA 5037029
Spur Emulous Master AAA #6357616
Miss Burgess 9 of T R AAA 2720599
Goldspur Eight Million AAA 8000000
Bardoliermere 10 F A F AAA 5079284
Zara 15 F A F AAA 5876883
Zara 9 F A F AAA 4887805

Sayre Patriot AAA #9000000 [RDC-DWF]
S V F Imprint AAA #+10202996
Blackbird of S V F 0370 AAA 9736254
G C C Miss Imprintessa 6065 AAA 10834821
Ankonian Sentry AAA #9121132
G Blossom Emulous 065 AAA 9894983
Goldspur Tra La La 560 AAA 8866281
# Pathfinder + Embryo Transplant

aj

GoWyo......you got me wondering. Would it be cool if a test for homozygosity for the polled trait in the Angus breed was developed. If the test was given to every live Angus in the herd book today what % would fail and be heterzygous polled? Would 10% be the number? I wouldn't be surprised if 1% of the Angus registered cattle came up th carriers. The th defect has been popularized now for a while. TH will eventually show up in some popular Angus that will shock the world. It will bleed over to the Angus breed and 5 or 6 generations later some unsuspecting breeder will wonder what the heck?I wondered if the big bull studs might start testing say Angus before they go full bore ahead.

ruhtram

aj said:
GoWyo......you got me wondering. Would it be cool if a test for homozygosity for the polled trait in the Angus breed was developed. If the test was given to every live Angus in the herd book today what % would fail and be heterzygous polled? Would 10% be the number? I wouldn't be surprised if 1% of the Angus registered cattle came up th carriers. The th defect has been popularized now for a while. TH will eventually show up in some popular Angus that will shock the world. It will bleed over to the Angus breed and 5 or 6 generations later some unsuspecting breeder will wonder what the heck?I wondered if the big bull studs might start testing say Angus before they go full bore ahead.

Good points...I sure hope not and you would think these studs would be testing them.