Angus bull: SAV Pioneer

Help Support Steer Planet:

Sparty-On

What do his calves look like?  Birthweight?  How do they grow?  Any show to them?
Thank you.

plattevalleysimmentals

We have a bull calf out of him this year and the cow is a 3/4 sim by dream on but this calf has got a great look and has alot of grow to him. Id say that he puts alot of power in them though. how much of that is the simmental in him i dont know but he is growing great and looking good. If I get a chance I will post a pic of him for you.

Bawndoh

The pioneer calves are awesome.  They seem to be feeder type cattle with a ton of squareness, depth, and adequate thickness.  They tend to be flatter muscled, and no, I don't mean lighter muscled at all.  They come between 70 and 95lbs, but are square.  He is not recommended for heifers because they come so stout.  They are not overly straight, but definitely shot a LOT of dimension.  He is certainly a bull to breed to rounder made, continental or tubey cattle.  Overall, a very good bull...and a frame 5, btw.  I would say they could have some show to them forsure.  They grow well, and have weaned off really well (esp at Schaffs), which is also why I said they would be great feeder cattle.

Sassy Show Stock

Saw him at Genex Hawkeye West in Montana, he was a definitely one of our favorite angus bulls up there, Should have some calves out of him this fall at the College.