Angus Bull that adds style

Help Support Steer Planet:

Warrior10

I have some clubby heifers that I am going to be breeding later this spring. These heifers have plenty of muscle, bone and hair; just need to add some style. What are some Angus bulls that will throw style? Prefer bulls carried by ABS. Thanks, did a search but didn't find enough.

jmb1498

NI, Raptor, Bismark, Rodman, Brilliance, Final Product - All are heifer safe

If you want ABS Sexed Heifer Brilliance would be my choice

nlgriff

Raptor is a good choice to use on heifers.  Calves come easy and have a pretty good look to them. 

T-Majic

I have some clubby heifers and I also go through ABS. I am going to use Northern Improvement as I think my ABS rep can get semen throught ORIgen. They have a partnership together. On my other heifers I was going to use sexed heifer semen, and wanted to use brilliance but I think ABS only has sexed male semen on him. (I would talk to your rep to see if that is correct but i think the website said they only have M sexed semen). I might go with 878 sexed heifer semen if I can't get brilliance.

Alpha

FRED'S NORTHERN GUN 301 Registration # 14564928    ....  Freddy raised him
Sire: Northern Improvement 4480GF
MGS: Scotch Cap

BW    WW    YW    Milk  Y.Ht.  Scrtl    CW  MB      REA    FT      %RP
+1.0  +30  +60  +16  +.5    +.25  +13  +.23  +.24    -.008  +.20

I don't remember but one of the clubby bulls this year at Denver was out of a Northern Gun female

Alpha

Alpha said:
FRED'S NORTHERN GUN 301 Registration # 14564928    ....  Freddy raised him
Sire: Northern Improvement 4480GF
MGS: Scotch Cap

BW    WW    YW    Milk  Y.Ht.  Scrtl    CW  MB      REA    FT      %RP
+1.0  +30  +60  +16  +.5    +.25  +13  +.23  +.24    -.008  +.20

I don't remember but one of the clubby bulls this year at Denver was out of a Northern Gun female

ok i was wrong it was last year.... Pretty Snazzy's dam was a Northern Gun ......http://www.ty-dcattleco.com/pretty%20snazzy.html...... she is pictured at the bottom of the link

ruhtram

I really like NI for heifers. He throws real nice ones so you don't have to waste a year on getting a live calf.

Alpha

i do believe Jacee's Ramblin Fever would add style but Muddy Creek is looking for a bull for his heifers and JRF has a +5.9 bw don't think that would turn out to well

kfacres

Alpha said:
i do believe Jacee's Ramblin Fever would add style but Muddy Creek is looking for a bull for his heifers and JRF has a +5.9 bw don't think that would turn out to well

i just remember the bull- as being an angus option-- didn't remember any exacts about pedigree- bw. or anything of that matter. 

maybe that needs on a new post...