Angus Bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

Angus2131

Not a bad looking bull! I would like to see him a little straighter in the backline but overall he looks good!  <party> Did you all buy him or is he bred and owned? Also who is out of?

Angus2131

Ausley Family Farms said:
He is bred and owned. Out of an Ambush cow and Pinebank Waigroup 41/97.

Well done!  <party> I like the background too. Are you all going to collect him to sell semen? I wish you the best with him! I think he has loads of potential! When was he born?

Ausley Family Farms

He was 12 months old in this pic and weighed 1230. Don't know how much we will push him yet. The Pinebank line of catte is a very grass efficient and high gain line of cattle. This dude is super stout. I cant wait to see how he grows out.

Durham

I guess I will add a bit here. He does look really thick, deep and even pretty soggy. However, it appears that he is extremely short hipped and very rounded in his rump structure. I am not familiar with this in many Angus cattle. Simply an observation.

Aussie

Ausley Family Farms said:
He was 12 months old in this pic and weighed 1230. Don't know how much we will push him yet. The Pinebank line of catte is a very grass efficient and high gain line of cattle. This dude is super stout. I cant wait to see how he grows out.
My experience with the 41/97's is you are seeing him at his best they do not go on and grow. Used for one season here alot here like the Scottish lines CRI brought out. Not enough performance for the commercial breeders, here anyway.

Ausley Family Farms

Ours are growing great. Of course they are mostly out of OCC bred cows. Used this bulls older full brother as our herd bull this year. He did a wonderful job, we have got 26 calves on the ground since January 24th. Performance wise we have had great luck so far with these cattle. We have retained a lot of heifers and they milk like a Holstein, but like I said that could be the OCC genetics at work. I am loving the thickness of these Pinebank cattle. Wish they had a little more extension to their front end, but that is why I am breeding them to Climax this year. I will try and get some pics of our Pinebank Cows and heifers put up soon.

Durham

Interesting. I have never known many OCC bred cattle that had anything but average milk. The word holstein certainly doesn't come to mind. They usually are on the lower end of the growth curve as well. Always offering adequate performance, adequate milk and exceptional phenotype and unsurpassed predictability. But then again I raise a few shorthorn cattle so possibly I am not too up to speed on Angus. FWIW>