Angus calving ease

Help Support Steer Planet:

PinkOil Princess

Hey guys looking for some calving ease angus bulls to breed my monopoly X PB char heifer too.
Any luck using any? Good quality?

OSmith1999

Bush's Unbelievable could be an option. We're using him to put style in some angus females. Haven't used him before, but we really like what we have seen. There are several other bulls

bluffcountrycattle

I'll second the Bush's Unbelievable recommendation!  We've used him with great success, and our first 2 daughters of him in production are very nice.  Our best calves this year are by an Unbelievable son we raised, so they breed on too.  You can use him on all breeds with great success I think.

FriedgesCharolais

I guess my recommendation would be SAV Bismarck which is unbelievable's sire. Unbelievables price is a little high when you can buy his sire for 25 or 30. Also Bismarck is old enough that his accuracy for CE and BW are up in the 95 and 98%. Thats my recommendation you can take it for what its worth, but he is still one of the leading angus sires for calves being registered each year and he is throwing very marketable calves.

PinkOil Princess

awesome I love getting a list of new bulls to research and look at. Any recommendations for a red angus CE bull?

SHORTH

Sav Brilliance seems like a good option. used him on a walks alone heifer and it came small and lively in -20 weather.
Seems to be a pretty complete calf

kjd farms

We've used sexed male and female Connealy Right Answer 746 and S A V Bismarck 5682.  Both easy calving and lots of growth in the calves as they have gotten older.

We've bred them back to calve as 3 year olds that way as well.

steerkid21

If you would like some color, we have had great calving ease success with the Red Angus Bull Mushrush Impressive. He throws them small, but as soon as they hit the ground, the muscle grows.

Mill Iron A

As far as red angus goes I would look at red global trust 21t, cbar contour, and for females feddes big sky. I like a lot of the angus suggestions already but I might add a bull we a.i. to last year and calves are coming now. He is a northern improvement son.

Attachments

• IMG952014032995155841306.jpg
    IMG952014032995155841306.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 230

Gargan

PinkOil Princess said:
awesome I love getting a list of new bulls to research and look at. Any recommendations for a red angus CE bull?
Griswold just bought in on Detour, I've heard he's easy calving and makes then pretty. I'm going to give him a try!!

Attachments

• detour.jpg
    detour.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 467