Angus cow

Help Support Steer Planet:

Bone2011

I have this reg. angus cow(really windy x EXT), she is the closest thing to a freak that we have from a phenotipical standpoint, being decent boned, big topped, heavy muscled, big eared, and rope necked, how ever she may be good in her middle rib but pinched in her forerib. She hasnt really done any thing for the angus deal, I think her calling may be the clubby thing that I am very much knew to, so I was wondering what you guys would recomend breeding her to?
Thanks

OH Breeder

Who Made Who for clubbies or Heat Seeker  clubby
Few other young bulls are getting attention. Point Taken, My Turn, etc
if you want to make females, I know there are few that would suggest a simmi--3C Macho, etc

cowman

Bone2011 said:
I have this reg. angus cow(really windy x EXT), she is the closest thing to a freak that we have from a phenotipical standpoint, being decent boned, big topped, heavy muscled, big eared, and rope necked, how ever she may be good in her middle rib but pinched in her forerib. She hasnt really done any thing for the angus deal, I think her calling may be the clubby thing that I am very much knew to, so I was wondering what you guys would recomend breeding her to?
Thanks

Come on guys, I like GJ but he not going to turn an Angus cow into a clubby machine. If you  have a freak fronted Angus you still need bone, power, and hair in large quantity from the bull. Look at HW, HSeeker, Point Taken, My Turn etc. Go big or go home, only way to make straight Angus work for both steers and heifers.

OH Breeder

cowman said:
Bone2011 said:
Thanks

Come on guys, I like GJ but he not going to turn an Angus cow into a clubby machine. If you  have a freak fronted Angus you still need bone, power, and hair in large quantity from the bull. Look at HW, HSeeker, Point Taken, My Turn etc. Go big or go home, only way to make straight Angus work for both steers and heifers.
Not being a maine breeder, I guess, I would have to agree with cowman. If you are looking for clubby genetics, not saying they are better, there is plenty of bulls out there to  provide you with what you want. THe GJ calves I have seen have been great breeding peices but were not extreme in anyway.

Show Heifer

If ya want a true clubby, try Dr.Who.  Or walk on the wild side and try JPJ, if your cow has bone.
The half simmi thing is super hot now, might look into SOS, Exclusive or Dream On. 

Jill

cowman said:
Bone2011 said:
Thanks

Brad stated in the thread on My Turn that Angus wasn't a good fit for that bull, and while I like Dr. Who, GJ and JPJ I certainly wouldn't consider them clubby either.  On a straight Angus you will probably need the power listed above, HW, HS, Sunseeker etc., you're probably just not going to get clubby on an Angus from a breed type bull, just usually doesn't happen that way. 

SEA

CARNAC!! 

I'm truying him on an OCC Anchor x Ext daughter this year.