Angus Crossbreeding

Help Support Steer Planet:

CCCattleco5

I am an Angus kid it is all I know, but I have caught the fever. I have a Lutton calf out of a Dakota cow that I am wanting to breed to a clubby bull or bulls like Macho or Meyer Meyer. What bulls would be best to give me some competitve calves?

justme

Are you wanting steers or heifers?  Have you ever thought about a maine?  You could get a registered maintainer that way.

justme

SD....why don't you just buy that little booger and make a fortune off him?lol  He's headed to state fair a week from Saturday, cross your fingers.  He's been doing well in the shows around here, he's starting to beat bigger older bulls now.  Stood Reserve supreme about a week ago.  My daughter was pretty proud.

justme

We have him forsale right now.  If your seriously interested in him drop me a line.

SD think we should sindicate him.  My problem is funds to promote him.  I lack them.

Right now he's looking better than ever.  Were pretty excited about him.  He's probably pushing 500# and super thick. 

shortdawg

CCC, Macho would work well on your Angus females. You would not sacrafice any of the femininity and cow power that your females have. Show them and put the back into the pasture for a long career. I have one out of Macho and a Larks Canyon daug. that is a nice female. The older she gets the better she looks. Don't judge those Machos until the get on their feet good.

knabe

justme said:
We have him forsale right now.  If your seriously interested in him drop me a line.

SD think we should sindicate him.  My problem is funds to promote him.  I lack them.

Right now he's looking better than ever.  Were pretty excited about him.  He's probably pushing 500# and super thick. 

i went back and looked at his pedigree again.  i like the bottom bottom of the female side.  at least two tries at bysantin.

we need more questions or we'll have a syndication thread again ;D.  perhaps what would be interesting is what are the pathways to get a bull in a syndicator's hands, ie hall's legacy plus, which by the way, where does that stand and what is his second name?

Show Dad

justme said:
SD....why don't you just buy that little booger and make a fortune off him?lol  He's headed to state fair a week from Saturday, cross your fingers.  He's been doing well in the shows around here, he's starting to beat bigger older bulls now.  Stood Reserve supreme about a week ago.  My daughter was pretty proud.

I doubt if your daughter would let him go. But I would be interested in a share of him. 8)

justme

I asked her and her exact words were "Show me the Money" lol.  I think for the right amount she'd let him go.

Let me talk to hubby and after state fair we'll see what he wants to do, or if he'll consider a syndicate

vet tech

CCCattleco5 said:
I am an Angus kid it is all I know, but I have caught the fever. I have a Lutton calf out of a Dakota cow that I am wanting to breed to a clubby bull or bulls like Macho or Meyer Meyer. What bulls would be best to give me some competitve calves?
Use King Meyer instead of Meyer Meyer.

Show Heifer

In case you don't know me, or my opinions, and you have angus cows (presumably TH/PHA Free) and you are just starting to "play the game"....I WOULD NOT use anything that is a carrier, which includes but is not limited to Sunseeker.

You mentioned wanted heifers, so, Meyer would be a good idea, but a bit pricey and steers/bulls are a bit worthless unless SUPER DUPER GREAT.

Who Made Who is known for his females, and is very consistant in producing "winners". And with your angus, you should not have structural problems. His son, Dr. Who, also crosses well with angus, but might add a bit of frame.

Hannibal would work if your cows are super soggy, and need extention. BUT.... have heard his daughters are not the best milkers.

If you want to walk on the wild side, Alias might be worth a look. Just not sure how much longer the "smokes" are going to be popular.

Another crazy wild idea is to go shortie, with Jakes Proud Jazz, Sin City. Will through some color, but should cross well with angus.

Simmi: Dream On, or Macho. Each are very popular, and seem to be consistant. Daughters should be productive and very marketable.  The new Sandeen bull, S.O.S, has sired some VERY nice calves and in my opinion will gain popularity every year.

Well, those are my ideas.....Wish you luck!

justme

Here are a couple pictures taken about 3 weeks ago.  Not great pictures but you can see his natural thickness.  He's just a March '08 baby.  I apologize if they are too big for dial up people.  He's a Major's Money Man x HAA Stockman/Calberta Hustler.  78 pounds unassisted out of a first calf heifer.  This little guy is my daughters pride and joy, and her first official bred and owned calf.  She picked the heifer out, selected the bull, and broke him herself (she's 10)

Attachments

• mucho dinero.jpg
    mucho dinero.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 506
  • mucho2.jpg
    mucho2.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 507
  • mucho2back.jpg
    mucho2back.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 471