Angus Outcross bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

scotland

sharing this out cross Angus calf born April 15, 2011 sired by Dunlouise Cattle Baron.... dam by Ramblim Fever...  breeding shares would be avaialable...

Attachments

• may1.jpg
    may1.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 444

BBP

Cut the BS said:
clgcattle45x said:
might be intrested in using him on heifers. How can i get semen from him

not with ramblin fever that close, you shouldn't be.

I agree with BS! I don't think I would use him on heifers,at least not until he was proven calving ease. If you study his pedigree there is some high birth epd's!
He is a very good looking bull! would like to see a video of him on the move!

GoWyo

I am not so concerned with birth weights on this bull as I am shape.  He has a long history in his pedigree of "definitely not calving ease" back in there if you click back through his pedigree on the AAA site.  The babies must be shaped like little bricks, but there is some high BW back in there too.  Might be cool for 2nd or 3rd calves, but I would not consider him for heifers.

kfacres

GoWyo said:
I am not so concerned with birth weights on this bull as I am shape.  He has a long history in his pedigree of "definitely not calving ease" back in there if you click back through his pedigree on the AAA site.  The babies must be shaped like little bricks, but there is some high BW back in there too.  Might be cool for 2nd or 3rd calves, but I would not consider him for heifers.

Maybe they are used to cranking calves out of shorthorn bulls out?  In that case- any ole Angus bull has to be easier calving than the average ole Shorthorn bull. (clapping)

Okotoks

He sure looks like a heck of a good bull.  (thumbsup)
Interesting how that UK sire worked <beer>

Aussie

scotland said:
sharing this out cross Angus calf born April 15, 2011 sired by Dunlouise Cattle Baron.... dam by Ramblim Fever...  breeding shares would be avaialable...
Some of the Dunlouise bulls that CRI bought out here really were only used for one season. They did not have the performance to be accepted commercially. This bull does not look the same as them.  (thumbsup)

irishshorthorns

scotland said:
sharing this out cross Angus calf born April 15, 2011 sired by Dunlouise Cattle Baron.... dam by Ramblim Fever...  breeding shares would be avaialable...

In my opinion this bull is typical of the type of cattle that Dunlouise Cattle Baron breeds. They look great and fancy as calves but they never seem to go on. In short they are just small dumpy cattle with little or no performance. I would also like to see some spring of rib - which also seems to be absent. If you are breeding for this type you might as well go the whole hog and just breed Lowlines.  This bull's pedigree also appears to be a mash-up of non-complementary bloodlines  Dunlouise Cattle Baron x Jacee's Ramblin Fever 303R. What would be the thinking behind this mating? Of course all of the aforementioned is just in my opinion. As one other poster pointed out the Dunlouise native bred cattle were heralded as "the next big thing" and were widely used for a very short time.Very few went back and used them again.

kfacres

irishshorthorns said:
scotland said:
sharing this out cross Angus calf born April 15, 2011 sired by Dunlouise Cattle Baron.... dam by Ramblim Fever...  breeding shares would be avaialable...

In my opinion this bull is typical of the type of cattle that Dunlouise Cattle Baron breeds. They look great and fancy as calves but they never seem to go on. In short they are just small dumpy cattle with little or no performance. I would also like to see some spring of rib - which also seems to be absent. If you are breeding for this type you might as well go the whole hog and just breed Lowlines.  This bull's pedigree also appears to be a mash-up of non-complementary bloodlines  Dunlouise Cattle Baron x Jacee's Ramblin Fever 303R. What would be the thinking behind this mating? Of course all of the aforementioned is just in my opinion. As one other poster pointed out the Dunlouise native bred cattle were heralded as "the next big thing" and were widely used for a very short time.Very few went back and used them again.

so would you call that a fire and ice- mating of two polar opposites?  I have always seemed to like the pics of the Ramblin Fever offspring-- not sure how big they are in real life- or how easy them come into this world.. But I've always like every picture I've ever seen of them... 

irishshorthorns

I'm not adverse to "fire and ice" matings provided the two parents are the very best at what each does respectively, but when both are just middle of the road to begin with what's the point? It just amazes me at the priority some people place on getting semen drawn from a bull they've bred - even when he's not that good. The time and expense seems no object to them. They just want to do the whole marketing and pushing of a product which at best could be described as mediocre.

knabe

i'm not convinced there is a standout bull anywhere.

people make money buying low and selling high.

poor cattle get a discount.  whoever gets that discount stand a chance of making money just as much if not more than people overpaying for cattle that are good but don't get a discount except at the end when they must sell at a commodity price.

doc-sun

irishshorthorns said:
scotland said:

I have a commodore of wye bull calf born this spring out of a new frontier cow that goes back to ext's mother on the bottom.  He gives up no size or frame, although i expected it, to my other calves by current ai sires.  What in the sh**thorn world is the basis for your statement?

irishshorthorns

doc-sun said:
irishshorthorns said:
scotland said:

I have a commodore of wye bull calf born this spring out of a new frontier cow that goes back to ext's mother on the bottom.  He gives up no size or frame, although i expected it, to my other calves by current ai sires.  What in the sh**thorn world is the basis for your statement?

Hi Doc-Sun. Im sorry but I don't know which part you want me to qualify. What part do you want me to go in to more detail on?

Latest posts