Angus Outcross bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

irishshorthorns

scotland said:
a head shot of the calf, tells u whats comming behind.... breedy, and full of character!

Here's a photo of Dunlouise Cattle Baron the sire of the bull Rolly is hocking. That reminds me - look at the back legs on this guy! Also look at his top. No depth from his hooks to his pins.

Attachments

• DunlouiseCattleBaron_lg.jpg
    DunlouiseCattleBaron_lg.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 373

knabe

scotland said:
a head shot of the calf, tells u whats comming behind.... breedy, and full of character!

hmm.  marine cut, high and tight, probably clipped behind too.  breedy, is that all the curls on his head?  kind of looks polly like a heifer.
from photos, still could use some depth, legs good, ribbon looks pretty, i'll bet the cows love that.

doc-sun

irishshorthorns said:
OH Breeder said:
irishshorthorns said:
doc-sun said:
irishshorthorns said:
We've been breeding Angus cattle here since 1945. Our successes include many prize-winners and bulls sold to stud. My latest success was breeding the Male Champion and Reserve Supreme Champion at the Royal Highland Show , Scotland just gone. Your successes and experience would be?
I would guess a state in the usa would be bigger than your area so my successes in less than 10 yrs breeding angus  would be similar to yours.  i probably know more about ramblin fever than you and you more about the dunlouise cattle than i.  i will pm you a website.

Give me your herd prefix so I can google some of your successes and see some pics of your stock. Below are two pics of Mr Edition. The first is of him as a yearling before he left, and the second is of him at the Highland. We have a full brother born this year who looks even better, and a paternal brother who is probably the best calf to-date.

http://irishaberdeenangus.com/html/michael_sheahan.html

So you are Mike or Martin?

1999? I am not the sharpest crayon in the box but it 1945.....1999? When you say "WE" I am assuming you mean your family not just you?

Thanks to Rolly for putting up the extended pedigree. My name is Jude Benson. Our prefixes on farm are Rathmullen and Gavan. The Rathmullen prefix was started in 1945. All of the current embryo calves are Luddenmore prefixed and registered by my partners the Sheahans. If you would like Mike or Martins phone number you can message me. Alternatively you can contact Lee or Dawn at DMM. What prefixes do you register your calves under Doc-Sun?
i pm'd you my website again.  i would consider you partners bull north american breeding.  what irish shorthorns do you have?  to me you came across as a shorthorn man being critical of a pretty good bull and therefore my comments.  ramblin fever is a good structurally correct bull being used by some respected usa angus breeders.  there is an impressive video of him on the breeders website.  you may not like the dunlouise bull but it looks to me like he clicked on the ramblin fever daughter.  a lot of the express bulls today with 1400 lb yearling weights were made alot like him.  that's pretty good growth isn't it b s'er? 

kfacres

doc-sun said:
irishshorthorns said:
OH Breeder said:
irishshorthorns said:
doc-sun said:
irishshorthorns said:
We've been breeding Angus cattle here since 1945. Our successes include many prize-winners and bulls sold to stud. My latest success was breeding the Male Champion and Reserve Supreme Champion at the Royal Highland Show , Scotland just gone. Your successes and experience would be?
I would guess a state in the usa would be bigger than your area so my successes in less than 10 yrs breeding angus  would be similar to yours.  i probably know more about ramblin fever than you and you more about the dunlouise cattle than i.  i will pm you a website.

Give me your herd prefix so I can google some of your successes and see some pics of your stock. Below are two pics of Mr Edition. The first is of him as a yearling before he left, and the second is of him at the Highland. We have a full brother born this year who looks even better, and a paternal brother who is probably the best calf to-date.

1999? I am not the sharpest crayon in the box but it 1945.....1999? When you say "WE" I am assuming you mean your family not just you?

Thanks to Rolly for putting up the extended pedigree. My name is Jude Benson. Our prefixes on farm are Rathmullen and Gavan. The Rathmullen prefix was started in 1945. All of the current embryo calves are Luddenmore prefixed and registered by my partners the Sheahans. If you would like Mike or Martins phone number you can message me. Alternatively you can contact Lee or Dawn at DMM. What prefixes do you register your calves under Doc-Sun?
i pm'd you my website again.  i would consider you partners bull north american breeding.  what irish shorthorns do you have?  to me you came across as a shorthorn man being critical of a pretty good bull and therefore my comments.  ramblin fever is a good structurally correct bull being used by some respected usa angus breeders.  there is an impressive video of him on the breeders website.  you may not like the dunlouise bull but it looks to me like he clicked on the ramblin fever daughter.  a lot of the express bulls today with 1400 lb yearling weights were made alot like him.  that's pretty good growth isn't it b s'er? 

I guess I'll pass on the thought of using RF...  no use can't get any info :mad:

Durham

i I double dog dare anyone to use him on heifers. I guess a -4 CED is nothing to worry about? I personally would prefer to use a bull that weighed 100 lbs. at birth with a double digit calving ease direct than a negative number CED and a 70 lb. actual. But I make mistakes every day too... FWIW

rarebirdz

That bull profiles well super through the shoulder concern would be his hock set. structure makes me think he would not be hard calving but hes groomed so hard to really tell unless one sees him and his calfs

irishshorthorns

doc-sun said:
irishshorthorns said:
OH Breeder said:
irishshorthorns said:
doc-sun said:
irishshorthorns said:

Your messages came through to my email address blank with just a header and a footer. PM me the address again.