Angus Show Heifer...What do u think?

Help Support Steer Planet:

lucyluver

12 month old. LADY DESIGN 948. What do you think? rate her 1-10. thanks.

Attachments

• Angus Fall Classic SHow 033 - Copy.JPG
    Angus Fall Classic SHow 033 - Copy.JPG
    929 KB · Views: 75
  • Sarah 077.jpg
    Sarah 077.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 64

SKF

Is this the heifer you got a couple of months ago? She looks like she coming along real well. When you clip her try not to take the hair on her neck down so much and try to blend it in with her shoulders. Right now it gives her a line between her neck and shoulders so it does not give her front end a smooth appearance. Good luck with her!!

lucyluver

SKF said:
Is this the heifer you got a couple of months ago? She looks like she coming along real well. When you clip her try not to take the hair on her neck down so much and try to blend it in with her shoulders. Right now it gives her a line between her neck and shoulders so it does not give her front end a smooth appearance. Good luck with her!!
yes this is the same heifer. Yeah im learning to clip and this was the first time i clipped a black cow...i've always had hereford or colored cattle so its def. different...i'm learning. It def. takes a LOT of practice. She's filling out really nicely. I had to fatten her up.  ;D I have a show this weekend with her. Her hair on her neck has grown back a little so i will blend it better. Thanks for the advice! I appreciate it!

SKF

lucyluver said:
SKF said:
yes this is the same heifer. Yeah im learning to clip and this was the first time i clipped a black cow...i've always had hereford or colored cattle so its def. different...i'm learning. It def. takes a LOT of practice. She's filling out really nicely. I had to fatten her up.  ;D I have a show this weekend with her. Her hair on her neck has grown back a little so i will blend it better. Thanks for the advice! I appreciate it!

It does take a lot of practice!! Are you taking her to Fanning Springs this weekend? Let us know how she does at the show. Good Luck!!!

benny_b01

Clip job is not terrible.  Take a little more off her tailhead it looks kind of big the way you have it and blend the shoulders a little better and she'll be about a 6-8 range in my books.

lucyluver

SKF said:
lucyluver said:
SKF said:

It does take a lot of practice!! Are you taking her to Fanning Springs this weekend? Let us know how she does at the show. Good Luck!!!

Yes. I am showing at Fanning Springs this weekend. I'll let you know. I think she well just get better and better the more she fills out and grows. She's about 730lbs right now. Thank You! I'll let you know how she does.