Angus to ad Style?!?!?!?

Help Support Steer Planet:

AStar

This link will lead you to one that has been overlooked by many IMO. Astar here on the SP owns part of him.
http://www.steerplanet.com/bb/index.php?topic=18700.0. His registration # is ( 14282015). Name, DAJS All Star M243.
[/quote]

Thanks for the mention Brent. All Star is now deceased and there are very few straws left on him. Doug and Jane Satree may still have a semen bank on him.

Thanks David

CAB

Torch said:
He died young, what happened?

The good ones always die young. Isn't that how the song goes?

Jaycee's Ramblin Fever would work. I also like the Dawson's Cherokee 166 calves.

Aussie

Freddy said:
I saw someone suggested Marathon  an if someone needs some semen from him I sure got some for sale ....reasonable .....
Does that mean you do not like him Freddy.  (lol)
My pick bull but will probably not suit the club calf job is Hyline Right Way 781 I think they have plenty of style and good temperaments and the females have great udders.

captain7781

Can you tell me about the Cherokee calves?  I have flirted with using him but went with more proven sires.

Cattledog

Aussie said:
Freddy said:
I saw someone suggested Marathon  an if someone needs some semen from him I sure got some for sale ....reasonable .....
Does that mean you do not like him Feddy

I don't think I'll use him again.  The calves were huge and really inconsistent phenotype for me.  I had one really good show heifer out of him and the rest of the calves were duds.  I do recall one rascal coming out weighing 130 lbs. and backwards.  His dam hadn't had a calf over 83lbs. before he was born.  I guess my experience with him was either they are good or they suck.  No middle ground at all.

Cattledog

An unproven bull that I used this year was Style.  I'll be having calves by him from February to April so I should be able give you a heads up pretty soon.  When I saw him in Denver I thought that he was the coolest bull I'd seen in a long time.

Cattledog

racekannon said:
I would use BR Midland best cows around and plenty fancy.

My best donor is a Midland.  I wouldn't trade her for anything!  If you use him just make sure your cows have a good foot.  That's really the only thing that I can knock him on.

cattlejunky5

Thanks everyone for the comments. Quick Question about a bull. What dou you all think about LaGrand MAF Antidote 5775? I am going to post a picture of him. I have seen a few good calves out of him. I was wondering if anyone has used him, and if so, what are the weights?

Attachments

• LaGrand-MAF-Antidote-5775.jpg
    LaGrand-MAF-Antidote-5775.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 230

ploughshare

The only report I know of Antidote is not with his calves, but with the quality of the semen.  If I were to use him, I would work directly with Lagrand in case there was a problem.  Otherwise, I think the bull will add a lot of power to a long fronted, clean necked, more refined female.

In terms of other bulls, I would have to agree with CAB.  The N. Improvement line really pretties them up.