Angus

Help Support Steer Planet:

Rusty

Just wonderin if there is any fellow angus breeders on STEER PLANET

Just a look at what we got the attatchment is a picture of our highselling heifer in 2007

Attachments

• RCl queen 7821 lot 9.JPG
    RCl queen 7821 lot 9.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 572

Rusty

Shes a Lutton, We dip our fingers into the simmental buisness, and show a few crossbreds.

chambero

We don't breed registered Angus, but we use Angus bulls on some of our cattle and are about to go buy a couple more.

red

same here chambero. we use a Lucy boy's son to bred our first calf heifers.

Red

DiamondS

I manage a ranch that has a small reg. angus herd.  But we also run 500 hd of commercial mama cows.  I personally have a handful of reg. hereford cows, for those baldies we all love.  We used TC Rito 416 and Circle S At Ease 4221 on our commercial heifers.  Our two main AI sires on our registered cows was Hyline Rightime 338 and New Frontier.  We have 25 hd of bulls running around but our main Angus guy is a Conneally Frieghtliner son out of a Conneally Forefront dam.  His first daughters look incredible so far.  We'll see what they do as cows.

Rusty

We have used new frontier and 338, have a few cows on the place out of them

garett

We raise angus, have a herd of about 75 pairs. just purebred, not registered, but we breed to our registered angus bulls, this past year we had some success AIing out heifers to a bull called 878, got some pretty decent calves so we are in the process of AIing them to him again right now

shortdawg

We raise some Angus along with our Shorthorns and my cousin is one of the owners of Pine Ridge Angus.

showsteerdlux

We use Purebred Angus bulls on herford and hereford angus cross mommas. Calves are real nice, all blacks and black baldies.

Cowgurl101

Hi! we run a small herd of registered angus and show some heifers in 4-H.I love trying new bulls so we are using quite a few this year - midland, in focus, bt crossover, grid topper, connealy packer, new frontier, and a few more. any comments on these bulls? nice to know theres some angus breeders on here ;D!!!

red

Rusty- here you got John Lynch all excited thinking you were the silver fox, other wise known  the angus III!  (lol)

Red

showgirl2010

Cowgurl101 said:
Hi! we run a small herd of registered angus and show some heifers in 4-H.I love trying new bulls so we are using quite a few this year - midland, in focus, bt crossover, grid topper, connealy packer, new frontier, and a few more. any comments on these bulls? nice to know theres some angus breeders on here ;D!!!

The in focus bull seems to be doing well for my uncle.  I don't know the details as far as bw and such but they aren't monsters thats for sure.  Kinda stylish type of calf real showy (if thats a word).

Jamie

jlynch

When I saw Rusty's first post, I just wanted to know where ol' A3 had been hiding that good angus heifer in the picture all this time!  Should have known, the grass was too green around her anyway!

Jill

red said:
Rusty- here you got John Lynch all excited thinking you were the silver fox, other wise known  the angus III!   (lol)

Red

You know that was the 1st thing I though when I saw that name.  Has anyone heard from him?

jlynch

Rusty is still alive and kickin'.  I was going to drag him down to the Steerplanet "social" in the yards at Denver, but we got carried away working on hill cattle and didn't make it down.  Completely forgot about it until that evening!  I'll let him know someone still cares...lol!