Animal behavior

Help Support Steer Planet:

DL

The behavioral sequence filmed is remarkable at least – if not incredible. Also a graphic display of the utility of horns. You should see 3 species....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM

farmboy

AMAZING, THE CALF WAS STILL ALIVE AND THEY GOT IT BACK :eek: THE BUFFALO'S LEFT TO GET THE REST AND GET THE LIONS, AND THE LIONS TUG O' WAR WITH THE CROC :eek: VERY NICE WILDLIFE IN ITS NATURAL SETTING, AND A TRUE DEMONSTRAITION OF SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST :eek:

knabe

it's a good thing those things aren't polled, as they would be if they attended  city college of san francisco

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/06/12/BAGFJQDI5O1.DTL&hw=gun&sn=002&sc=1000

again, that's pelosi's district.  it's amazing the buffalo didn't impale himself as any dogooder should.

chambero

I never watch anything on TV but Discovery Channel, History Channel, etc. with an occaionsal HBO stint.  This clip would fit right in.  Its impossible to beat real life.

genes

Wow that was awesome (well all except for the ill feeling I get watching unsteady home videos....I really should have turned off full screen but I was so captivated).

So many interesting points in there.  One of my early thoughts was "I thought lions didn't like water" so I was a little surprised how fast the second and third ones jumped in - hunting instinct is stronger I guess .  But then that one lion was looking to go in and just couldn't seem to make herself do it.  I think it's interesting to see the individual personalities like that.

Oh and the fact that the calf managed to get up and go back to the herd after all that :eek: