Another good heifer...

Help Support Steer Planet:

TJ

Here is another good animal that I was fortunate enough to see yesterday.   I don't go to many shorthorn shows, but this is probably the thickest shorthorn heifer that I've ever seen.  She's just nice all the way around & is pretty solid.  Also, I really like her dam... she's a really nice Sonny cow that I would like to own (and breed to Doc Holliday, of course!)!  Justin Olson has full sib embryos for sale & IMHO, they are a real bargain!!  I also saw a full sib bull calf to this heifer & boy did he have a thick butt on him, too!    Here she is...

Please note... she's thicker & wider in person... I noticed the camera wasn't doing her justice from behind before I ever snapped the picture.  Trust me, she's wide...

Attachments

• RosebudA.jpg
    RosebudA.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 398
  • RosebudB.jpg
    RosebudB.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 388
  • RosebudC.jpg
    RosebudC.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 390

CPL

Nice calf. I take it that is the one that has been on here alot. She is definitely something to look at. If I would fault her she kind of gets a titch straight off of her rear two, but this picture angle and how she is standing really doesn't help that so it probably isn't as bad in person. Very nice calf, it would be interesting to see the bull calf.

shortyjock89

Show Heifer said:
Nice heifer Justin!!! What's her age? 

May 8th.  She could maybe be a little bigger, and not quite so straight..but she looks a bunch better now than she did at Jr. Nationals...we'll see how she does this week at our state fair.