Another grand county fair

Help Support Steer Planet:

husker1

My 10 year old niece and 13 year old nephew had a good day in Nebraska.

Nephew's Dr. Who steer out of a Simmy cow was Grand Champion Steer and well as champion home raised market animal.  His Heatseeker heifer was Grand Market heifer...

Champion Simm with his Built Right heifer and Macho heifer 2nd in class.

He was also Champion Intermediate Showman.

Niece was champion Jr. Showman, had the Champion rate of gain Steer with a high % Simmental, and was first in both of her breeding heifer classes.

Good day.  Told my show steer buddies that we were switching from Simmentals to Club Calves, as we've raised the champion steer 2 of the last 3 years (with some pretty decent purchased steers in competition) while only using 5 units of semen and getting 3 calves...pretty high odds.

RSC

husker1 said:
My 10 year old niece and 13 year old nephew had a good day in Nebraska.

Nephew's Dr. Who steer out of a Simmy cow was Grand Champion Steer and well as champion home raised market animal.  His Heatseeker heifer was Grand Market heifer...

Champion Simm with his Built Right heifer and Macho heifer 2nd in class.

He was also Champion Intermediate Showman.

Niece was champion Jr. Showman, had the Champion rate of gain Steer with a high % Simmental, and was first in both of her breeding heifer classes.

Good day.  Told my show steer buddies that we were switching from Simmentals to Club Calves, as we've raised the champion steer 2 of the last 3 years (with some pretty decent purchased steers in competition) while only using 5 units of semen and getting 3 calves...pretty high odds.
Congrats.  What county was that in?

Tony

coachmac

Great Job Uncle Scott!  Congrats to you and especially to them!  Might have to do some chattin about a Steer!!!  8) <beer> ;D

1/4 slice of heaven

Scott, it is Nance county for Christ sakes, the only cattle you show over there is breeding stock.  ;D  Tell Gage and Shaylee great job, and get  ready to go to Ord.