Any calves out of Trauschs Hereford Bull Cyrus?

Help Support Steer Planet:

herefordfootball

Has anybody seen any yet or know where I can find pics? We're thinking about using him on one of our herf cows this year and I wanted to know what his calves looked like and what kind of cows he worked on. He looked pretty good in Denver. Thanks!

Chris

beattieclubcalves

i was gonna say your best bet is to call chris wilson there herdsman but idk if thats possible cuz trausch is like 5 miles from me and the rumor is that they sold everything to a guy from oklahoma

Trausch Farms

You can call Chris Wilson with any questions about any of the Trausch Farm bulls.   

We also have a picture of a Cyrus calf from Bridwell's.

30dbdso.jpg

CPL

Hey Chris, hope everything has been going well for you!

I saw a Cyrus calf out of an angus x cow earlier this spring. He really was a nice calf, and cyrus definitely improved the cow. I liked cyrus in his picture and video, and that calf sure is a dandy in the picture.

Are you thinking of using him?

cowzrus

Got one due may 4th. I will send pics when it gets here.  I am really anxious now after looking at that pic.  How old was that bull calf

herefordfootball

CPL said:
Hey Chris, hope everything has been going well for you!

I saw a Cyrus calf out of an angus x cow earlier this spring. He really was a nice calf, and cyrus definitely improved the cow. I liked cyrus in his picture and video, and that calf sure is a dandy in the picture.

Are you thinking of using him?

I cant complain to much lol. Hope things are well for you too!!!  <beer> We are thinking about using him on an MSU bred cow we have. Her first calf was a  class winning steer at Michigan Beef Expo. We need something that will take away some frame and stouten them up. And add a little bone too, that would definitely not be a bad thing.

TNorlan

How about Baton Rouge, full brother right??? I was considering using one of the two, any opinions on the two's calves would really help making the choice.

cowzrus

Well we were 4 days overdue, but the calf finally got here, unfortunately for me it was a bull ( I really love the heifers cause I get to keep them), any how descent sized upper 80's lower 90's good bone depth and width for a 2hr old calf.  I am pretty excited and definitely will use him again and again.  Going to weigh tonight for accurate weight, had to work this morning so didn't have time.  I will keep you posted as he progresses.

Attachments

• cyrus.jpg
    cyrus.jpg
    752.8 KB · Views: 348
  • PRINCECYRUS3.jpg
    PRINCECYRUS3.jpg
    739.3 KB · Views: 324
  • PRINCE CYRUS 2.jpg
    PRINCE CYRUS 2.jpg
    684.6 KB · Views: 357

herefordfootball

That calf looks real good cowzrus. I'd like to see a little better profile and rear pic so we can tell a little more, but he looks darn good for 2hrs old.

cowzrus

I will work on better pics when I get them moved out to cow  lot.  Right now they are in a small pen and mom is fussing pretty good, hard to take a good shot of him, but I have to say I am still impressed, real nice square wide top and lots of bone although mom was definitely no slouch in either department.

fed_champions

herefordfootball said:
Bump for Fed Champions

Haven't seen any calves out of him yet, but i loved the bull in Denver. I thought he was the best one there, even with the exotics. That traush picture is a really nice calf, might be a bull prospect.

cowzrus

Just an update of pics on our 19 day old cyrus calf now that he is out in the cow lot.  I really like this guy

Attachments

• cyrus may27.jpg
    cyrus may27.jpg
    531.7 KB · Views: 289
  • cyrus 2 may 27.jpg
    cyrus 2 may 27.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 332
  • cyrus 3 may 27.jpg
    cyrus 3 may 27.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 260