any FINAL SOLUTION calves?

Help Support Steer Planet:

OH Breeder

red said:
that's the Shorthorn not the black bull?

Red
Sullivan's Raised out of CF Solution and the 3 D dolly family Solid Red. They had him at NAILE with Grey Goose and sold semen on Final SOlution. I figured there would be one or two out there. But not a peep. I may have one due in April and was wondering what to expect. The cow is looking pretty big for her to go that lenght of time.

SULL-GNCC Final Solution

Sire CF Solution
Dam WHR Dolly 2116
TH Free and PHA Free

Attachments

• Final_Solution.jpg
    Final_Solution.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 434

red

yes, I saw him. Very nice bull. If I remember right, I liked him better than the Goose.
Looking forward to pictures. We need to coordinate visits to each other after calves are born.

Red

fitter22

This is a final solution out of a kadabra cow. i like her pretty well not the best pick but you get the idea. she is big boned, good muscle, really cool from the side, and she is extremely hairy

Attachments

• WG final solution.jpg
    WG final solution.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 481

OH Breeder

VERY nice looking heifer. That makes me feel good. That also gives me some ideas for this coming season. I have a mossy oak that always throws them small and I have a kadabara that is hairy beaast that could use some softening. Thank you so much for pictures. How did she come calving?

fitter22

she was around 80 pounds at birth with no problems im pretty excited about her. thanks for the compliments.

cowz

Along the same thought, how has everyone's experience with Salute calves?  So far BIG, good, but big.

shortyjock89

Cowz, from what I've seen so far, and this is just what I've seen, but Salute is extremely inconsistent.  I saw full ET sibs out of Salute and a Rodeo Drive daughter.  One was excellent, one was pretty decent, and one was a total dog..not worth the milk that went through it.  Then at another place I saw a few Salute's, there were really good and really bad ones..hardly any middle ground.  Most all the calves that I've seen out of him were 90# and above.  I hope that what I saw isn't true for all the groups of his calves.  I saw in the Show Circuit that there's a pretty good bull out of him being promoted, Guitar Hero.  Don't care for the name...could have come up with something better I think, but I don't own him. 

justintime

I had 6 Salute calves last year. All 6 were pretty good and all six were born unassisted with BW of 92 to 105. We had 2 bulls and 4 heifers. 4 of these were ET full sibs. Two full brothers were put in our bull test and both grew bigger than I expected , but they are from a bigger framed Picture Perfect cow. I consider one to be one of the best bulls I have raised. The heifers do not show as much frame as the bulls did but they are thick and have tons of hair. So far I have to say I am pleased with them.
I have four more Salute ETs due in the next few days. Will see how they look as they are out of a different donor. I have heard varying reports on his calves but I have to say that so far my experience has been good with no monster babies and all very usable and marketable calves.... but that is only on 6 calves that came from two cows.

shortyjock89

JIT, I almost forgot that you had those Salute calves  ;)  From what pics you showed us, they were really nice.  I'm glad that they grew into really good beasts for you. I was considering using Final Solution instead of Salute because I really like the thickness that he has...I'm just waiting on it until I see some more calves out of him.

justintime

Here is a picture of one of our Salute bulls in the Sun Country test and sale. He is HC Timeline 17T x - smooth polled, 105 lb BW unassisted.  ADG on test 3.78 lb / day ( index 120) on a high roughage ration designed for optimum growth and NOT maximum growth. He weighed 1268 at 12 months. His WPDA is 3.38 lb/day  ( index 119). His ultra sound data is 14.3 rib eye area at 10 days past 1 year of age. Rib fat of .14 and Rump fat of .19 so he certainly is not fat.Marbling of 2.68. He is very thick and carrys great thickness through is lower quarter, and is clean in his lower third. If I get more Salute's like this guy this year, I will be a happy camper.

Attachments

• HC Timeline 17T sm.jpg
    HC Timeline 17T sm.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 394

shortyjock89

What does that bull's maternal pedigree look like?  He has that cocky "look" like his sire.  I really do like him. I hope I see more calves like him this year.  If I do, I might have to use Salute myself.

justintime

Here is his dam  Shadybrook Presto 73G x* . She is pictured here at 10 years of age and she still looks like a 5 year old and has the udder of a 3 year old. She is also the dam of our TPS Coronet Leader 21 calves which I will try to get photos of in the next few days. I flushed her again to Leader 21 and got 10 more grade 1 embryos. I am flushing here again on Tuesday to Red Fineline Mulberry 26P, who is one of the best Red Angus bulls I have ever seen. He was twice Canadian National Champion and he sired both Reserve US Champiions at the recent US Red Angus Nationals in Fort Worth.
Presto comes from the Picture Perfect cow family.

Attachments

• Shadybrook Presto 73G x- 2007sm.jpg
    Shadybrook Presto 73G x- 2007sm.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 402

shortyjock89

Awesome cow, you've posted about her before.  She's a really stout looking female.  I really really like that Mulberry bull..the calves from that mating should be the poster children for the Durham Red program.

cowz

Justintime, thanks for sharing the pictures!  I will be happy too, if they turn out like that.  Nice deep cow, too! ;D

justintime

Our sale catalogue will be posted on our website within a few days. My wife Chris has one more Red Angus sale catalogue to produce and then she will be hitting ours. Hopefully it will be on the website by early next week. Our website is www.horseshoecreekfarms.com . It will also be on Bob's ( Uluru) site www.ulurushorthorns.com. uluru has some really good bulls in the salle as well.

By the way, I have consigned 4  Mulberry X HC Melba Niam 67J embryos and 3 TPS Coronet Leader 21 X Shadybrook Presto 73G embryos to the Royal Flush sale at www.etcow.com on March 25th. The sale catalogue should be online soon. The two Leader 21 full sibs to these embryos