any good creep recipes for early bloom?

Help Support Steer Planet:

yuppiecowboy

I am amazed at how chubby some 60 day old and younger calves are that I am seeing. This is the earliest I have ever put out creep, its just a basic pelleted Kent deal, and am just now getting some interest. I have always been afraid of burnout, and the calves I sell early to traders generally leave real early so they can puff them up, but I think I need to get more early bloom on mine.

If anyone has any suggestions or would share what they have success feeding to get fat little puppy dogs, I would appreciate ideas.

cowman

yuppiecowboy said:
I am amazed at how chubby some 60 day old and younger calves are that I am seeing. This is the earliest I have ever put out creep, its just a basic pelleted Kent deal, and am just now getting some interest. I have always been afraid of burnout, and the calves I sell early to traders generally leave real early so they can puff them up, but I think I need to get more early bloom on mine.

If anyone has any suggestions or would share what they have success feeding to get fat little puppy dogs, I would appreciate ideas.

a young calf is more like a monogastric....the big secret is to feed high protein in conjunction with LOW fiber, not the other way around. bump ration to 3-4% fat