Help Support Steer Planet:

wyatt

here is my star power steer

Attachments

• 004-1.jpg
    004-1.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 628

ALTSIMMY 79

Ill chime in to kinda re affirm some things mentioned above . In dew time works great , daughters make mothers and the same goes for macho . Near perfect udders on the heifers I have in production out of both bulls . As far as explorer goes , have some calves out of him and they are behind the others in growth by a long shot but I'm not gonna call him out yet cause they are still fancy . Hope this helps

CAB

Jenny is there a chance of you putting up some pics of the Rock Solid calves? I've been wondering about this bull for some time. Thanks, Brent

WKYIronMike

Yeah I like Premium Blend too, his calves are nice, not a big fan of Sweet Meat yet anyway, he just looks to moderate as long with his calves I've seen. Although they sell pretty well and others really like him. Must be like In Dew Time just not my cup of tea as of yet anyway. Rock Soild looks good and fits his name well. I haven't mentioned a red sire yet so I'll mention Mr Amigo he's done nice for me. Bought a Triple C Invasion son this Spring and he's looking great therefore Invasion might get to move up my list. 

simmyman67

I've seen a lot of Star Power calves, mostly heifers. They are ok, very small framed. I would not use him. The bulls I have seen out of him were very poor quality.

Simmgal

Any Simmi bulls that clean up the fronts? I know that most Simmentals are heavy fronted, but if y'all know of any that would be a bit cleaner fronted, I'd appreciate some suggestions.

Simmgal

Also, Is Flying B Cut Above "Fat Butt" calving ease? I have heard mixed reviews and I have a heifer bred to him.

WKYIronMike

Cut Above's CE epd is 9.5 and birthweight epd 1.1. Looks allright to me unless the heifer is somewhat small. For most of my heifers though I like to stay 10 or higher on calving ease and under 2 on birthweight, therefore he's almost there. Although no matter the breeding a % of heifers are just going to have problems. Just keep a watchful eye. Cleaning up front ends maybe use Lazy H Pathfinder, KNH Added Value, or Bar CK Vision.

Simmgal

Thanks! Any places where I could get Steel Force semen? I know Top Sires has it, but I was wondering if there were any other places.

wyatt

Simmgal said:
Any Simmi bulls that clean up the fronts? I know that most Simmentals are heavy fronted, but if y'all know of any that would be a bit cleaner fronted, I'd appreciate some suggestions.
1/2 blood simis would be grizzly or backlash probly and pb simi would be star power or chopper

Simmgal

wyatt said:
Simmgal said:
1/2 blood simis would be grizzly or backlash probly and pb simi would be star power or chopper
Thanks. Yeah I would rather use PB Simmi even though alot of the halfbloods are pretty good.

wyatt

i love the half bloods but some of the purebreds ive seen good calves out of thats why i put two pb in my coment :p

LN

SEA said:
Any thoughts on SAS Sweet Meat?

I have a few Sweet Meats. He sired my top heifer from my 2010 crop and he was the heaviest sire group at weaning. Birth weights were a little high 90-100, but they're definitely growthy. He makes them a lot like In Dew Time with added muscle.

The picture is of my top heifer calf at 3 months. She's 3/4 SM 1/4 BR. She's having a professional pic done later this month.

Attachments

• DSC01215.JPG
    DSC01215.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 211

Simmgal

Who do y'all like best for producing competetive show calves? BRM Explorer or WESTFALL Voyager?

nobody

Simmgal said:
Who do y'all like best for producing competetive show calves? BRM Explorer or WESTFALL Voyager?
Bump this...I'd like to know the answer to that too!! :)

WKYIronMike

I'll go with BRM Explorer. He has a longer body and a soft fluffier look. But Voyager has the nice eye appeal with maybe a little more stoutness. Just depends on what the judges are desiring. Both bulls should give some good ones.

Simmgal

Thanks! And how are they for cleaning up fronts? Do they throw calves that have a clean neck, or does it depend on the dam?