showman ne

Champ Heifer- Nick Sullivan
Res Heifer- Kendall Shaw

Champ Steer- Brock May
Res Steer- Keaton Lundquist

TJR

Ch Angus hfr Vickland/May/Cody Jensen, Res Angus Adcock

PLKR

Any results from Hereford, Chi, and Shorty+ heifers?      Thanks!

wildcatcattle

PLKR said:
Any results from Hereford, Chi, and Shorty+ heifers?       Thanks!
Bailey jones had champ hereford heifer, Riley Jones had reserve Hereford (my kids)
I thought the Shorty was Humphrey from Illinois, don't remember Chi but I think it made the top 5

Ric

ya that is correct the shorthorn that won was from Humphreys

Well the photographers will take pictures of anyones calf as long as you get in line and wait to have it taken no matter if you are first in you class or last..Pretty cool deal

CAB

I'd heard that the Lundquist steer was lot #22 from Tracy Goretska's sale. Does anyone know for sure if that steer is a full-sib to Frye's bull named Invincible??

BadgerFan

TMJ Show Cattle

Yes, crossbreds are crossbreds in the sense that you are debating. However,breaking them down into mainetainers,Low percentage this or that, is the best thing that any so called major show or jackpot show, could have done. It eliminates the 30 head classes that good cattle seem to get "lost" in and it creates more opportunities for kids to have a chance to do well in class and have a chance to compete with a least a smithering of something that has most of the same attributes. There are vast differences in Sim/Angus or Maintainers or Chi/Maines or Simmy /Maines or Appendix shorthorns or even Charolais composites. That's why you see so many kids from "Up North" go to the winter jackpots in Ks. Okla. and Texas. and you can throw in the Badger, S.D. and Nebr. They have been doing it this way for years and it works out well for everyone. In Okla. and some Tx. shows you only have to have five head to make a "breed" and people really like that. The Champiuons all show against each other for Supreme so I see nothing wrong with this set up.

Latest posts