Any news on new RAA director?

Help Support Steer Planet:

loveRedcows

Anybody have any news re new director?  I am sooooo ready for a change.

ROAD WARRIOR

There is no official word yet on the search for a new ex. sec. - but....... I would be very amazed if the board didn't go with Comstock for the position.

Show Dad

ROAD WARRIOR said:
There is no official word yet on the search for a new ex. sec. - but....... I would be very amazed if the board didn't go with Comstock for the position.
Well, RW, you wise sage of all things Red Angus, your prophecy has been fulfilled.

What do you think? Good, Bad or more of the same?

SD

loveRedcows

Show Heifer said:
Hope the RA membership isn't holding its breath for change.....

Sadly, I suspect you're right.  Judging from the bio we rec'd, Mr Comstock will probably continue his predecessor's guideline to promote the "big guys" under the format of promoting the breed, forgetting that we "little breeders" pay the same fees and costs to the RAA.  Hopefully I will be proven wrong.  If he will even acknowledge that those of us out here with small herds promote the breed as best we can, then he will already be a step above the previous secretary.

Those in power need to realize that just because not everyone has the financial security or free time to travel to national conventions, 'brain trust' meetings, or major shows every year doesn't mean that we're not concerned about the future of our breed or national association.  Unfortunately, our association constitution/by-laws prohibit proxy voting, which leaves our leadership to those who can attend the meetings....

We will see what happens in Denton and in the meantime will keep doing what we've been doing for over 20 years -- raising good Red Angus that we believe in!

Doc

Maybe they will hire Obama. He's "All about Change" & he's got the same amount of experience to be director of the RAA as the President of the USA. ;)