Any Suggestions on Automatic waterers?

Help Support Steer Planet:

RSC

I am planning on moving in a building for a show barn/calving barn.  What waterer does everyone prefer?  Looking for something economical, are than any links?  Doesn't need to be large, there probably won't be more than 40 pair here at the most.

Thanks,

RSC

red

we have a Richie waterer that is just sitting in the garage waiting to be hooked up. Doesn't do a lot of good there but it's on the to do list!

Red

Shebet21

We've had Franklin waterers since I was a kid. Had to replace one last fall so I decided to try one of the poly ones. I love it. I'm in west central Wisconsin where we saw some -30 degree nights and I never had any trouble with it freezing up. I've got cows and youngstock drinking from it and it shows no sign of wear/damage yet like you can get with the steel ones getting banged into. Here's a link to them   

http://www.franklinwaterers.com

kanshow

We've had Mirafounts for years.  We've replaced some but they seem to be pretty durable.  We've only had them freeze over when we haven't had enough cattle in the pen.. too big of waterer. 

Jill

We have the Richie 2 sided thirfty kings (K-State Purple) in each of the pens, they do a great job.

knabe

some of the fancy waterers can really be annoying. 

i got plastic ones, as the metal ones always precipatate up real good.

at some point, i will get the waterers that DL has, the little ball float ones that the animal noses the ball down.  keeps out mosquitoes and shades the water better.

i have water at 120 psi, obviously not domestic, though on pressure alone, you would need a reducer down to 60 psi for that.  i put an adjustable reducer on, and squeezed it down to 20 psi so the shutoffs would work.  too much pressure and they always have a small leak, which, in the barn can be kind of annoying.