Any Twins?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Sassy2899

Has anyone had a set of twins this year?
These little girls are sired by Rocky Balboa and a Dr. Who damn.
They were born at 9:30 last night.

willow

I would love to see pictures.  We have a Rocky due anytime.

kfacres

Yes, we had a set of twins in Oct.. from a HARD, HARD breeder cow..  Cow that skipped calving last spring.. and so we worked her into the fall calving herd.. Had to much $$ in her not to give her a few extra months. 

I'm afraid she's open again this year, and it will likely be her last time to come back open (angel)

GRsimm

Had a set of Walks alone twins last saturday out of our Powerdrive cow. Got one of each so the heifer will be market heifer material this fall if they keep going like they are. Both very even and seem to be doing really well.

qbcattle

I had a set of bull calf twins. The momma only took one, but luckily we had a nurse that the rejected calf took to. They are both doin really well

thebulllady

We had a set of purebred Simmy twins right before Ft. Worth.. and a day before the first snow storm hit central Texas!  Luckily they are out of a good maternal cow, and she's taken them both.  Good thing because I just dried up the Jersey about a month ago!  <cowboy>

kfacres

GRsimm said:
Had a set of Walks alone twins last saturday out of our Powerdrive cow. Got one of each so the heifer will be market heifer material this fall if they keep going like they are. Both very even and seem to be doing really well.

Our set is also mixed.. I'm hoping that the heifer is part of the 8% club who breeds...  I was not in attendance to see how many aftebirths came out.. We will keep her and try her.. if nothing else.. she'll taste good!

Okie Boy

NW Okla aint got no nukes    every few years we have numbers like this.  May have been going on for a long time but really knew for sure when we started calving in 40 acre pasture at the house instead of 5 miles away.  Probably picked up the genetics from a couple of Simmy Hereford bulls in the late 80's.

Okie Boy

never tried it.  I have had quite a fer fewer nonbreeders since I have been knowing about the twins than before, I always blamed it on the ralgrow I put in heifers at young age but now I'm not sure.

hamburgman

Implants in heifer calves that may be kept for replacements is also hard on the repro organs.  That definitely could have been part of your problem also.

Latest posts