Anybody know about the one and only bull?

Help Support Steer Planet:

tmcarto

does anyone know if One and Only bull is PH and TH positive or negative?

CJM

He is supposed to be clean but I heard from our ABS rep (who carry's him) that they think he might be TH+, that will piss off a lot of peaple that bred him to their + cows if he does turn out to be a carrier.

OH Breeder

CJM said:
He is supposed to be clean but I heard from our ABS rep (who carry's him) that they think he might be TH+, that will piss off a lot of peaple that bred him to their + cows if he does turn out to be a carrier.

How would your rep know that he's dirty? He doesn't have any calves on the ground unless they tested him. I have never seen status......a little TH positive.  ??? Pretty easy to find out. Have him tested for BOTH forms of TH- Improver and add the Outcast factor. I am not sure your ABS rep should be making those kind of statements.

Alpha

Yeah that sounds pretty silly to be saying something like that i mean come on his Daddy is heat wave its not like the bull ever got tested before ...... (clapping)

CJM

I would rather my semen salesmen be honest and tell me the truth if their is conflicting reports rather then tell me nothing so that he can make a sale.  Don't believe it I don't care and maybe it turns out that he is clean and nobody is hurt.  I would rather just wait and make sure.  No need to get all testy just passing on what I heard. 

OH Breeder

CJM said:
I would rather my semen salesmen be honest and tell me the truth if their is conflicting reports rather then tell me nothing so that he can make a sale.  Don't believe it I don't care and maybe it turns out that he is clean and nobody is hurt.  I would rather just wait and make sure.  No need to get all testy just passing on what I heard. 

Not testy at all just doesnt make any sense.
Follow me for the moment. A bull has no calves on the ground and has been tested clean or advertised clean. They are selling semen ...calves should be arriving this year. How would anyone know if he is THC unless they know the owners or they know the test were wrong. There have been missed test but it was because they didn't test for the outcast mutation. If it were my bull with semen season coming up I would be pretty irritated at someone speculated on the status of my advertised clean bull. Lot of these guys take phone calls. If you have any concern then call the owners. Not testy just stating the facts. I have talked to bull owners before so I can get the down low.