Anyone else think they've over done Club Calf email blasts?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Dusty

20-25 per day and the same one multiple days in a row is a little much.  People are going to start adding them to the junk folder before too long...

CJB

I agree.  I bet 75-80% of all mine go straight to my trash folder without me even looking at them.  It is just a little out of hand.  I know its cheaper advertisement that paper, but i have to think that the effectiveness is going to be tremendously less.

iowabeef

I completely agree.  I think people who are looking for calves will do the research themselves and look on showcattle or showsteers.com or go directly to breedersworld or cw to find out about sales.  An email "reminder" isn't going to make too many people think ..."Oh maybe I should check out a sale and buy a calf".    I don't open a one of them before they get to the trash.

garett

I feel the same way. I'd appreciate it if they just put them all in 1 or 2 emails and have a nice listing that way.

hntwhitetail

Too many.... takes forever to look @ them.. especially if they are coming from the same company and for some reason that company changes their domain... so you have to add every flippin' domain that they come up w/ to your safe list.....  flipping tooo many from 1000miles away.

cdncowboy

Thought it was a good idea, until this year.  Didn't check my email for one day and had about 50 of them sitting there, think I've looked at maybe half dozen - most go straight to the trash.  If the online sale guys sent me one a week with there sales for the week I might be more likely to take a look first.

KSanburg

Dusty said:
People are going to start adding them to the junk folder before too long...

I already have added them to my jnk mail and spam, but they haqve a new address and domain name for everyone so it only catch's about 1 out of 10.