anyone ever feed MIX 30 liquid protein

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cattledog

Steer4Caddy said:
Don't forget what the tag doesn't tell you.   It's  60% water.  It's only 16% protein.  And they reccomend you take the lid off your feeders so they can drink it.  Genius.  I've seen cows that were on good liquid and the next year changed to this.  They did OK but lost body condition and ate more supplement than before.  He won't do it again.  Sometimes the easiest thing to do is just find the cheapest thing per ton out there and then defend it to the end.  I see it all the time.  And if you are feeding Alfalfa hay you better not need supplement or you've got the wrong cows.

Dnix

I've already stated why I feed this and alfalfa hay and it's not due to my cows not able to keep their condition.

Cattledog

aj said:
I was told in college 40,000 years ago that you can concoct a ration of used motor oil and chopped up tires with good protein levels, but its not much good cause its not digestable. interesting discussion. Talk to a feedlot nutritionist on the 30 product. I'll stay out of the discussion. ;D

That's a very good point AJ.  I have a tag that I will scan and put on here for viewing.  What may be kind of interesting is if we could get links to tags of other liquid feeds and what make up their protein. 

lynle1234

We started to feed liquid mix 30 last winter, our cows were in the best condition i've seen them.  they had mineral/salt too.  we feed good hay and grain when it's cold.  we had 40 cows on a 100 gal tub and it'd last for a couple of weeks.  when it got cold they did consume more of it.  visit their website for additional info.

Latest posts