Anyone ever produced a Smokey Roan animal before?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Shorthorn_Junkie

I've read a lot on here about smoke colored calves, and was wondering if anyone on here has ever produced a smoke colored roan animal before.

If so, would love to see the pictures. 

Thanks,
SJ

MaggyCattle

I saw I smokey roan market steer at the California State Fair earlier this week, but when I asked the owner about the genetics/breed of the calf they did not know any information.  :(

Show Heifer

I had a smokey butterscotch roan colored calf. Out of JPJ and out of a butterscotch colored 1/2 gelb 1/2 angus cow.
Sorry no pic available, but I think the diluter gene was involved.

HeiferShower14

A guy that lives by me and sold me my heifer had one. It had a white tail and i think it had some white on its belly. i guess its a smokey roan but i could be wrong. (cow)

RSC

You mean like this one?  We sold him on our sale last year.  He did some good in the Char Steer deal in Kansas this year.  HW X PB Char

RSC

Attachments

• Lot_40--copy.jpg
    Lot_40--copy.jpg
    472.6 KB · Views: 1,060

Rocky Hill Simmental

I have a smokey skunk striped heifer like the one Zach's picture except her coat color isn't quite as dark. She's a simmental x charolais x angus. I'd post a picture but I'm not at my house right now (I'll get it later).

Ruchian

There was a kid in my 4-h club 4 or 5 years ago that raised a smokey roan steer, not just white spots or strips like these but actually roan.  I don't have any pictures since it wasn't mine. 

garybob

No, but, my herd bull did, when he got over into the neighbors' pasture, back in '02. He was a solid-red bull, & cow was a Grey baldy with a skunk tail.

;DGB

Rocky Hill Simmental

Here she is. The mama was yellow with a white tail and little white spots on her. The bull was solid black. This year the same cow and bull made a white calf.

Attachments

• trixey-aug2008.JPG
    trixey-aug2008.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 395

farmboy

the smoke cow whom i posted's half sister who is also a smoke out of a pale face son is a smoke roan with a baldy face. she is bred to alias so.... should be an interesting color patern

Shorthorn_Junkie

Cool pictures everyone!

I would be curious to know if anyone has any pictures of a smoke necked (if this makes any sense)"Speckled" looking smokey roan. 

Latest posts