Anyone ever seen the bull Climax: Tripple bred 734?

Help Support Steer Planet:

RSC

Climax:Theirs an ad in this months issue of the Livestock Plus, He is sired by 734 and the Dam is a 734/734.  Theirs no picture of him just a heifer that sold for $ 10,000.  Anyone ever seen him or heard of him?  It says he's at Nichols, we rushed through their a month ago, don't remember seeing him.

Thanks,

RSC

CAB

Toni, he's a ghost, like WILSON, you'll never see him, he's behind the fence. Slipped through the cracks, and is in his working clothes now. No good young pics. Kinda like all of us, we were all cute when we were babies, @ least to our grandma's, NOW, in my case, not so much cute left. LOL. Barely ever turn a head unless I trip and fall.

RSC

CAB said:
Toni, he's a ghost, like WILSON, you'll never see him, he's behind the fence. Slipped through the cracks, and is in his working clothes now. No good young pics. Kinda like all of us, we were all cute when we were babies, @ least to our grandma's, NOW, in my case, not so much cute left. LOL. Barely ever turn a head unless I trip and fall.
That's what I figured.  He is owned by some good breeders, Will Morris, Mac Smith, Junks and Paulsens'.  Here's a link to the ad for those that haven't seen it.

LINK: http://www.paulsencattle.com/sires/climax.html

RSC

Jill

He had an ad in the Show Circuit also, I wondered why he wasn't pictured, I hate it when they run an ad and don't picture the bull, I may be the only one, but I really don't care what 1 heifer looked like out of him, she may not have been bred anything like any of my cows JMO.

cpubarn

I stopped into Nichols 2-3 times this early spring.  One time there was a mature bull that I liked that the handler said was from Willie Morris and they were unsure what they were going to name him.  When I saw their Climax ad I wondered if that was the bull.  One method to find out would be for you to call Willie and see where he is now, and what name he was going by @ Nichols.  Maybe he is still there.   I am sure he would be willing to give you all the info he can.

If this is the bull (BIG IF) I liked him, I thought at the time it was going to be hard for me to look him up later without a name, I should have called Wille at the time, but my clean up bull is similarly built (not as good) so I didn't think I would use him now.   Don't think I should describe the bull as it could be a totally different bull.  I think the name on the tag at the was "3 Dog"  or "3 Dawg", but ??????!

Each time I stopped there was 6-8 different bulls there, along with those that are permanent residents.  It is interesting to compare the bulls, both young and old and their pictures.

Call Willie

Mark

red

cupbarn- is your profile one of SD's kids? Striking resemblance!  (lol)

Red

CAB

Jill, I agree I used Cowboy Cut B/C of the heifer pic for his ad, and I got burned a little, but have dug in deeper and am still asking possibly to be thrown back into the fire. I am using OCC Freestyle this year B/C of the same heifer pic. The heifer was a Cowboy Cut X Freestyle. As far as the pics of the bull deal, in our case on the Wilson bull, either intentional or accidental, He being lost as the sire of Sunseeker for 3 plus years has hurt him as a promotional bull possibly, and he is going to have to prove himself the hard way. We're hoping that there are enough good breeders that can figure out that the bull has upside potential. There were no pictures of him as young bull, and pictures of old bulls in working condition are not going to turn very many ppl onto a bull. We may have to promote him through some of the calves born.

Dusty

Jill said:
He had an ad in the Show Circuit also, I wondered why he wasn't pictured, I hate it when they run an ad and don't picture the bull, I may be the only one, but I really don't care what 1 heifer looked like out of him, she may not have been bred anything like any of my cows JMO.

In reality, a super hairy calf picture of a bull does not do much as far trying to look at him and judge his traits.  They all really look the same.  I like ads that have pics of offspring in them.  It does not matter what the bull looks like, it's what his progeny look like.

The bull pics are more of psychological marketing tool than anything.  If a bull has a really good pic, when you hear that bulls name you will automatically reference that really good picture in your mind.  Whether you know it or not, you will be talking yourself into liking that bull more than a bull with no really good pictures of him when he was a furball.  When, in reality one is not any better than the other.

Pictures can be really misleading too.  How many pasture sales have you went to and saw a calf that took a really good pic for the ad, but in person he sucks.

Jill

I agree to a certain point, I'm not going to use a bull strickly on a picture, but I can look through a magazine and tell you which bulls I will NOT be using based on a picture.  I don't mind seeing offspring, it's just hard to market a bull on 1 picture of 1 heifer, I wouldn't buy any bull on 1 good one.

kanshow

I don't mind seeing a mature picture of a bull in his working clothes.  It gives a really good idea of soundness and longevity.  I agree with the others about not buying into a bull based on 1 picture of 1 calf - well maybe I'd consider it IF I had the flushmate sister standing in my barn. 

KYsteer

I used him this year instead of Macho.  With his pedigree and the calves I have seen out of him, they are as you would expect just like 734.  The ones I have seen have a little more muscle than 734 put on his, but still had that cool look.  I think he will work really well for anybody looking for F1 females or bulls. 

P-F

Randy saw him last week and really liked him we are going to use him!  He is moderate in frame.

knabe

i am going to use two bulls based on pedigree alone and i have never seen a picture of either one, though i've seen a couple of pics of heifers from one.  but then, i've never sold a club calf either.  they all get eaten.  they just have exactly what i want in the pedigree.  one is a just collected yearling bull. 

red

knabe said:
i am going to use two bulls based on pedigree alone and i have never seen a picture of either one, though i've seen a couple of pics of heifers from one.  but then, i've never sold a club calf either.  they all get eaten.  they just have exactly what i want in the pedigree.  one is a just collected yearling bull. 

are they fullbloods?
Also- were you caught up in the drug raids & e-mailing us from jail?  ;)

knabe

sadly, not fullbloods.  that will come some day.  i am getting prepared, albeit too slowly.

you mean the huge drug bust in san diego?

red

knabe said:
sadly, not fullbloods.  that will come some day.   i am getting prepared, albeit too slowly.

yep, they get any at your college?

knabe

red said:
knabe said:
sadly, not fullbloods.  that will come some day.  i am getting prepared, albeit too slowly.

yep, they get any at your college?

they don't do drugs at stanford.  actually, what kids today are doing is the same old thing, the mixer of pot, cocaine, and alchohol.  what's really scary now, is that the girls seem just as obssessed about this as the boys, especially the hook up mentality crowd.  i'm thinking more and more, the concept of family is in real trouble.