Anyone ever seen this

Help Support Steer Planet:

benn25

We have a two yr old heifer that has been fine all year until last week. The symptoms are weight loss and lameness in her rear legs. When she stands she rocks back and forth shifting her weight back and forth and will  ot stand for any lenght of time. Had the Vet come out the other day and he could find nothing wrong and did
not know what is wrong with her.  Put a magnet on her in case it was metal. Any help would be appreciated.

cowman 52

If she was open, and running with some other cows, would suspect she was ridden down when in heat, if bred still might be the same thing, or got shoved into feed bunk and pinched a nerve, if open a dose of dexamethazone , and ban amine , might make her feel better, and feeling better cures lots of things.

maineanjou87

I would agree with cowman 52 ive had this happen twice to me once after pulling a calf and 3 days later cow was out on pasture doing fine second wasnt so good heifer was ridden by another cow pinched a nerve and she never came out of it and I had to put her down Good Luck

wyatt

A guy up hear had a really nice cow but her only problem was when she calved she pinched a nerve almost every time lost weight and couldnt stand on her back legs almost like they were broke or had pulled muscles

leanbeef

The first thing I thot about as was hardware disease. If you put a magnet in her & that's what it is, there isn't much else you can do. And I'm not sure about the pinched nerve if that's it...maybe something like bantamine to help reduce inflammation until she gets past it?...