Anyone go to Cates?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Malinda

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. They are appreciated.

I do want to make sure everyone understands I did not own the lot # heifer; she was from an embryo Cates owned. My name is not Cates, so there is no way I could ever sell a heifer for that much!!!!

Yes, the heifer did get a top notch home. Congrats and the best of luck to the Clanton's.

Shortdawg, I wish you well with your DZ sib. If my two brain cells are alligned, I think that is the Dever bull. There has been something bothering me for a while and I was waiting until I got to meet you in person to clear and heal my guilt, but here goes.... I owe you an apology. The last email I sent you, seveal months ago, I promised I would send you a picture of my DZ/Bloodstone heifer. Well, I sold her without ever having gotten a picture. My sincere apolgy. Also, I want to congratulate you on the nice article about you and your program in the Shorthorn Country.

Yes, there is certainly a high level of quality cattle among our members. Way to go to all of you. We  have one thing in common...we strive to make next year's calves better than this year's. Keep up the good work.

I have never been one to be critical of someone raising a different breed. If you like looking out the window at your breed and they make you money.....raise the suckers.

Everyone have a nice day... I am off to the wash rack. I have a heifer entered in a show this Sat. And yes, someone else is going to fit her and show her. I will be the one sitting and watching. I do the work at home, but not 'on the road'. I will be doing the rinse, brush and blow routine until I sell the heifer in October.

Thanks again everyone.

Malinda

DL

Malinda - CONGRATS BIG TIME!! Excellent genetics and excellent honest human being - great combo - great job! DL (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

shortdawg

Malinda, We all forget things and you don't owe me an apology at all. That DZ cow is the real deal. I hope my Denver bull will transmit as much to his offspring as she does. He is a nice even roan color sort of like WHR Sonny. He has a lot of bone, hair, and is really sound. We had bad luck with his recip mom so he got behind but the genetics is still there.

Show Heifer

Just wanted to add my congrat to you Melinda!! Anytime someone can put their genetics in that catagory, my hat it off to them!!! Keep up the good work!! (clapping)

Latest posts