anyone on here live and show in Kentucky??

Help Support Steer Planet:

justme

My first job out of college was at a hereford farm in Kentucky.  It was at Penn's Polled Herefords.  He makes the famous Penn's country Hams that is everywhere in Kentucky.  Just wondering if they are still around?  Let me tell you they have the best kept secret down there in herefords if they are still around.

Just wondering!  Thanks

red

I travel in Kentucky quite a bit when I sold molasses. Had a lot of customers through-out the state. Where are they located?
One of my favorite customers was a mill in Shelbyville. I called  one morning on the phone & the owner kept laughing. She had one of the best drawls I've heard. She told me " Now Cathy, I'm not laughing at you. But one of my customers came in & tied a rooster to my desk. The rooster is now sitting on my desk crowing at me" I just had to crack up laughing because she said it so seriously & with that wonderful drawl it was just hilarious! (clapping) Oh, I miss people like her!

Red

justme

It was just outside of Campbellsville, Kentucky in a town called Mannsville (population ? and that's small man!)

red

I know there was a Southern States feed mill there & maybe another feed mill called Ripps. Can hardly remember. don't know about any Hereford place though. I use usually looking for Maine breeders!

Red

Latest posts