Anyone see the Sweetheart sale catalog yet?

Help Support Steer Planet:

yuppiecowboy

Oh wow. I think Kroupa's footnotes are hilarious, but not exactly for polite company. DL would have a stroke I am sure. I did find it interesting some of the comments he made were REAL close to slander. He definitely called some people out, which is ok by me since my experiences with the parties referred to is apparently the same as his.

Looks like another great sale. Probably my favorite of the year.

showsteerdlux

Boy he spoke his mind on more than one occasion. I'll be willing to bet that alot on the board wouldn't be to happy bout the double bred payback cow3. What is he talkin about on lot 21 with something about the grand steer at Denver going YG 4?

afhm

Every year I can't hardly wait to get that catalog.  I love reading the footnotes. They speaks their mind and actually tone it down and cleans it up in the catalog. 

Telos

Yah, Kroupa... He not only gives us good cows but always entertains us. Have not seen the catalog yet. Can't wait.

red

http://www.showsteers.com/SweetheartSale/index.htm

Oh my! I choked on my coffee a couple of times laughing so hard! Never saw a catalog like this one! How many shots under their belt did they have when they sat down & wrote this?

Red

kane1598

What is the usual average of this sale?  Do they haul cattle for buyers?

yuppiecowboy

Red, I have always assumed they passed around a bottle until it was gone, then did the footnotes. No other explanation.

Sale has a super high end and my experience alot of "buyable" lots. Not unlike most sales. Anyone will haul for a buyer. For the right price. But I also remember seeing rigs from all points there so piggybacking wouldnt be a concern of mine. If I go I am not taking a trailer if that tells you anything.

itk

red said:
http://www.showsteers.com/SweetheartSale/index.htm

Oh my! I choked on my coffee a couple of times laughing so hard! Never saw a catalog like this one! How many shots under their belt did they have when they sat down & wrote this?

Red

I would guess no shots. It is just Greg being Greg love it or hate it. If alcohol were ever involved we would see the first sale catalog with a parental warning on the cover.

Telos

afhm said:
Every year I can't hardly wait to get that catalog.  I love reading the footnotes. They speaks their mind and actually tone it down and cleans it up in the catalog. 

I will have to agree with you afhm.  The footnotes are a bit toned downed compaired to their sales of past. I did think the cow with all dust flying around her was kinda of interesting though. I do remember Kroupa in one past footnote writing something to the effect, "if you don't like this cow then perhaps you need to find another job" or "if you don't like this one, maybe your mother needs to send you to the doctor".

C-CROSS

My husband clipped the cows, he does every year and felt this was the best set yet. (cow)

rmbcows

garybob said:
12B is more than a "tick" short-necked! She's got a larger Crest on her neck than a Bull!

GB

Garybob.. I believe he said she was a "tick short headed".  Guess  I would translate that to a little bit monkey mouthed, didn't really notice the crest.  Maybe I should get my eyes checked.  :-\

C-CROSS ... guess hubby isn't too fond of lot 12?  (lol)        (welcome)

nebraskarugby

any of you suggesting that the comments were written under the influence obviously don't know what you are talking about and don't know greg but make assumptions. the man calls it like he sees it. it may not always be right, it may not always be wrong but its his opinion and alcohol does not have a thing to do with the comments made by greg

red

nebraskarugby said:
any of you suggesting that the comments were written under the influence obviously don't know what you are talking about and don't know greg but make assumptions. the man calls it like he sees it. it may not always be right, it may not always be wrong but its his opinion and alcohol does not have a thing to do with the comments made by greg

no, not all. I found the catalog to be refreashing & funny. sorry if it was taken as an insult. Takes a sharp mind to come up w/ those comments of his.

once again sorry for the comment

Red

(welcome) nebraskaruby- hope we can get off on a better foot!