Anyone use One In A Million

Help Support Steer Planet:

blahavalley

I am thinking of breeding my shorthorn cross cows to the bull One In A Million this spring. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on his calves? Any calving trouble?

aandtcattle

We had five 1 in a millions born here last winter with highly variable results.  77 pound black brockle faced heifer out of a purebred shorthorn cow.  This heifer grew well and was extremely thick and sound and sold as a show heifer to the Riesen family.  104 pound black brockle steer out of a purebred shorthorn cow that raised a kick-butt purebred heifer  last year but this calf was too straight and small and was sold at the salebarn.  128 pound red brockle faced steer out of a purebred shorthorn cow that had a 82 pound bull calf last year!  This calf was too straight in his legs and not near thick enuff and was sold to our feeder calf buyer. 89 pound black steer out of a F1 shorthorn x angus blue roan 3 year old, this calf was knotty haired and a no-good little bastard.  140 pound black steer out of a purebred angus cow that never had a calf over 90#, bout pulled the guts out of the cow and the calf but boy is he good. My nephew is showing him and he should mop up at the county fair if they feed him right, hes a good prick!!  There ya have it!  I have had enough of the clubby thing, my kids will be showing the chicken-boned little fine made calving ease, maternal angus and shorthorn cattle that we have become known for. <rock>

MOClubbyGuy

This is a One in a Million heifer that was born april 2010. She is super deep, stout, and sound as a cat. She is going to make a great cow for me after she gets done in the show ring.

Attachments

• One in a Million Heifer.jpg
    One in a Million Heifer.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 210

steerjock2011

i had a friend who used this bull. they had hair but wasn't the greatest calves he had. skinny legged, hawkie, but had loads of hair.
but if u used him on a shorthorn, i think u will hit the jackpot, but it will most likely be red. but still a good one!