Anyone used Lautners bull Easy Out?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Ruebush Shorthorns

I have three heifers I need to breed. Two preginistered shorthorns and a crossbred.  I want live calves with no problems.  Has anyone used the Lautner bull Easy Out on heifers?  He has a low birthweight and will hopefully make black calves on red roans.  Heard bad things about Rocky Balboa, and some of these other calving ease bulls.  If you have any suggestions let me know.
Thanks

BCCC

What have you hear abotu rocky balboa?? i heard 95% th ecalves came easy and weighed about 75lbs. how is his front end??

oakbar

Several people around here, including us used Easy Out a couple of years ago.  Mostly heard very good things about calving ease when he's used.  Our two calves were both 65-70  pounds and were very square made.  Unfortuntately both were late calves and because they were small starting out had a hard time making it up by the time we sold them in the fall.  His popularity took quite a hit when he tested positive for PHA, though, so I don't know anyone using him now.

Ruebush Show Calves

I heard Rocky Balboa made small calves with huge hips and they would cause a hip lock.  I have searched through the messages and seen a lot about Majors Money Man.  I think I am going to use him.  I am about to order semen so I have to make up my mind soon.

Show Heifer

If they were mine (and this is only my opinion), I would go with JPJ. Small calves, super stylish, and they are alive, sellable (1 sold already, the other two have had offers and I refused). But he will not throw black!!

So, since my goal for heifers is to get a live calf and a re-breedable female, I would go Northern Improvement, Juneau, or OCC Homer. All angus, all calving ease, and all should produce nice stylish, black calves.

justme

I'd try Major's Money Man.  You could get a double registered calf which is easier to market.  They are easy coming, quick to get up, and mine are growing like crazy.  Absolutly love them.  My daughter will be showing a Money Man bull calf at Jr. Nationals along with his mama in the cowcalf pair class.