Anyone using the eco boost for hauling?

Help Support Steer Planet:

TXSimmy

Currently have a 2007 Chevy 2500 with a 6.0 Vortec and am thinking about trying the Ford eco boost. Does it really do as they state, and can it be used to haul a 20ft aluminum trailer with show heifers? Just wanting to know if anyone is using this engine, and wanting to hear the good and bad. Thanks

HAB

okiegirl

Karma 1
PositiveNegative

View ProfileEmailPersonal Message (Offline)

Re: Best Truck To Get???

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 07:17:10 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We just bought a 2011 Ford F150 with the ecoboost.  Gets 19-20 mpg around town and has power out the wazoo.  We pull a 20ft gooseneck showtrailer and you hardly know it's back there. LOVE it.  We have the four door and the back seat is huge.  Rear seats fold up so it's like having an SUV to haul groceries.

Report to moderator  Logged

okiegirl

Hubby says it has more than enough engine, may be lacking in suspension.  Will outpull the 6.0 chevy.  We pull a 20 ft gooseneck show trailer and hardly notice it's back there unless it's really windy.  Love it.  The mileage is great.  Way better than the Expedition I was driving.  A shout
out to my Expo though.  It has 222,000 miles on it, I still drive it and my 15 year old got her permit this morning and that is what she will be driving.

jason

okiegirl said:
Hubby says it has more than enough engine, may be lacking in suspension.  Will outpull the 6.0 chevy.  We pull a 20 ft gooseneck show trailer and hardly notice it's back there unless it's really windy.  Love it.  The mileage is great.  Way better than the Expedition I was driving.  A shout
out to my Expo though.  It has 222,000 miles on it, I still drive it and my 15 year old got her permit this morning and that is what she will be driving.

That is basically the rundown I had on a truck, I would think airbags might be a good fix for heavy loads.  Hate to deal with stiff springs when unloaded.

RyanChandler

My concern wouldnt be can the truck pull it, bc has plenty of power, my concern would be 1) pin weight on a 5000lb truck and 2) can the transmission hold up and 3) with a 12,000lb load, can the truck stop?