Apalled by a breeders behavior after a show!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

jason

knabe said:
Chandler said:
Hmm. So how is there a clear cut winner of say a judging contest, if all the questions and placings are subjective?

My point exactly.

That is why I have been advocating for a playoff system!!!  (lol)

I am still amazed at what people post on facebook.  I can guarantee there was more damage done to his reputation by whining, then to the judge, but it still doesn't make it right.

Gargan

Allgood Show Cattle said:
If you were there you would understand, if not shut up!

umm, i think some people that posted on this thread were there.. (lol).. so i think that makes you whining!!

linnettejane

you know, i have been thinking about this for a really really long time...and for the life of me, i dont see how people dont "get it"

i dont know anyone involved in the situation that started this thread or anything about it,  but it got me thinking about some things that transpire here on the planet, and its actually a pretty similar situation...

here's a newsflash for some people:  if you type something on the internet, and put your name to it, it becomes your reputation!  i guess people think that since they arent face to face, they can say whatever they want and not suffer any consequences.  but the truth is, people listen to what you type, and use that to form an opinion about you!!!  really!  they do!

i honestly believe some people think that the internet gives them the right to throw manners and cooth out the window.  when i read some the things people post, i think to myself "are they really that ignorant to think saying something like that is not going to hurt their reputation????do they not think saying that would effect their ability to sell calves (since this is steerplanet and what most of the people on here do)?  well, i guess if their customers never use the internet...but really? its the 21st century!  who doesnt?  so now, besides just your neighbors knowing how much of a butt you are, the world wide web knows!  yep...you are famous...too bad its not for anything positive.  and thank heavens for the sale barn!

and while im at it, let me also say there are some people on this board, that i wouldnt care if they had raised the greatest  heifer  in the whole wide world ever and i had  more money than god, i would NOT buy it from them because of the way they present themselves on the internet and their attitude.  and i think there are alot of other people who feel that way too! 

what you type carries as much weight as what you say, do, or sign nowadays.  the real "idiots" are the people who dont get that.

shew...

SWMO

That's showing. " if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen".  Oh and by the way for those of you that haven't already learned this. LIFE IS NOT FAIR AND ALL IS NOT EQUAL despite what Obama wants us to think.

We have all been disappointed in the showring and have taken out lumps.  But it boils down to that Judges opinion on that day. Reputation should not follow a particular animal nor the purchase price of that animal to the show ring.  I hate it when it does because animals change as they grow and what was better than most at one point in time might get overtaken by another later developing animal.  Keeping cattle on the show road for extended periods of time takes it toll on them and they sometimes just aren't "fresh enough".  If you believe in your program, that placing on that day will not affect how you breed your animals.  If you listen to the reasons, you will sometimes see something that you have become "barn blind to". 

I have the upmost respect for any judge that goes out and expresses his opinion whether I agree with him or not.

BTW telling people to "shut up" is offensive and disrespectful.

Okotoks

linnettejane said:
you know, i have been thinking about this for a really really long time...and for the life of me, i dont see how people dont "get it"

i dont know anyone involved in the situation that started this thread or anything about it,   but it got me thinking about some things that transpire here on the planet, and its actually a pretty similar situation...

here's a newsflash for some people:  if you type something on the internet, and put your name to it, it becomes your reputation!  i guess people think that since they arent face to face, they can say whatever they want and not suffer any consequences.  but the truth is, people listen to what you type, and use that to form an opinion about you!!!  really!  they do!

i honestly believe some people think that the internet gives them the right to throw manners and cooth out the window.   when i read some the things people post, i think to myself "are they really that ignorant to think saying something like that is not going to hurt their reputation????do they not think saying that would effect their ability to sell calves (since this is steerplanet and what most of the people on here do)?  well, i guess if their customers never use the internet...but really? its the 21st century!  who doesnt?  so now, besides just your neighbors knowing how much of a butt you are, the world wide web knows!  yep...you are famous...too bad its not for anything positive.  and thank heavens for the sale barn!

and while im at it, let me also say there are some people on this board, that i wouldnt care if they had raised the greatest  heifer  in the whole wide world ever and i had  more money than god, i would NOT buy it from them because of the way they present themselves on the internet and their attitude.  and i think there are alot of other people who feel that way too! 

what you type carries as much weight as what you say, do, or sign nowadays.  the real "idiots" are the people who dont get that.

shew...
That is so well put (thumbsup)
In the case of this situation even if the judging was really bad they had accepted to show under him. If the audience didn't agee with the judging it would not hurt the exhibitors reputation but being a sore loser for the whole world to see is sure going to hurt their reputation.When will people realize the internet is just another form of communication, the same rules should apply here as when you are face to face.

twistedhshowstock

I dont think being there or not affects the purpose or the real concern of this.  I am not saying that I would have agreed with his placings had a been there.  I may have personally used other cattle to win it, but I have shown to Wes numerous times.  Yes he uses cattle sometimes that others wouldnt, but if you listen to him on the mic you always know why you stood where you did.  The point of this wasnt whether people agreed with his placings or not.  If you know the show industry so well then you know that different people have different opinions and his was the one that was paid for that day.  The point of this was it was very tacky and disrespectful how you lashed out at him afterwards.  And even that wasnt enough, you came on here and made a post about it.  If you think different cattle should have won that is fine, that is your opinion of how the cattle should have stood and since they have stood that way before you obviously arent the only one with that opinion, but that doesnt mean that that is the only absolute correct opinion out there.  Regardless of how the cattle lined up or should have lined up, I still think the way you reacted was tacky and disrespectful.

SlickTxMaine

twistedhshowstock said:

I dont think being there or not affects the purpose or the real concern of this.  I am not saying that I would have agreed with his placings had a been there.  I may have personally used other cattle to win it, but I have shown to Wes numerous times.  Yes he uses cattle sometimes that others wouldnt, but if you listen to him on the mic you always know why you stood where you did.  The point of this wasnt whether people agreed with his placings or not.  If you know the show industry so well then you know that different people have different opinions and his was the one that was paid for that day.  The point of this was it was very tacky and disrespectful how you lashed out at him afterwards.  And even that wasnt enough, you came on here and made a post about it.  If you think different cattle should have won that is fine, that is your opinion of how the cattle should have stood and since they have stood that way before you obviously arent the only one with that opinion, but that doesnt mean that that is the only absolute correct opinion out there.  Regardless of how the cattle lined up or should have lined up, I still think the way you reacted was tacky and disrespectful.
(clapping) <party> (clapping) <party> (clapping) <party> (clapping) <party>

bruiser

I'm probably going to offend someone here, so please forgive me if I do. IT'S ONE MAN'S OPINION !!! I don't know the fellow in question, and I'm sure I'm not missing anything. The judge must be competent or they wouldn't hire him. Someone needs to tell him to pull up his big girl panties and quit whining

giggty

I know exactly how your talking about im not affraid to say his name "Randy Allgood"...

giggty

I can also say, for being as proud as he is of his mediocre cattle, he's lucky that politics worked out in his favor at the Royal, Natl Western, and Ft Worth. The baby needed his big head shrunk back down, and Wes was the guy who did it. I applaud him! Looking forward to seeing how Houston works out, seeing how MOST judges have read this and saw what he posted on his Facebook. When you put yourself in this kind of situation, you only deserve what's coming to you! Good job Randy! (deleted)

knabe

judges should have the capacity to not care and only judge the cattle before them and not get caught up in all this.

vet tech

knabe said:
judges should have the capacity to not care and only judge the cattle before them and not get caught up in all this.
I agree completely, wish this was so. However, no matter why a judge says about my calves or cattle, if I like them and enjoy working with them and families every single day that's all that matters. Winning a show or class is just a pat on the back

Hey gigity you know my name what's yours tough guy?  I publicly apologized to Wes Hudson and I don't think I had any politics in my favor as I do not know Jensen or Maltsby.   However since my original post I have been confronted on this matter in a positive light about numerous judges and their obvious connection and loyalty to each other accross many breeds, this seems to be a recurring theme and Mr. Hudson as well as numerous others partake in such activities of favoritism and bias that there will be a push to remedy and even bigger problem than me *****ing! So I'm saying to you gigity I probably know who are but I think your too scared to state your name. Everyone new mine on the first Facebook post you stupid steroid baldheaded (deleted)!

jaimiediamond

Hey gigity you know my name what's yours tough guy?  I publicly apologized to Wes Hudson and I don't think I had any politics in my favor as I do not know Jensen or Maltsby.   However since my original post I have been confronted on this matter in a positive light about numerous judges and their obvious connection and loyalty to each other accross many breeds, this seems to be a recurring theme and Mr. Hudson as well as numerous others partake in such activities of favoritism and bias that there will be a push to remedy and even bigger problem than me *****ing! So I'm saying to you gigity I probably know who are but I think your too scared to state your name. Everyone new mine on the first Facebook post you stupid steroid baldheaded (deleted)!

Seriously? No matter what a judge decides there is someone who is not going to be happy with the results.  It is one (wo)man's opinion for one day. Sportsmanship should be valued more than a ribbon as we are setting examples for young and old alike.  If you are not happy with a decision there is no harm in discussing it in a civilized fashion.

rarebirdz

bruiser said:
I'm probably going to offend someone here, so please forgive me if I do. IT'S ONE MAN'S OPINION !!! I don't know the fellow in question, and I'm sure I'm not missing anything. The judge must be competent or they wouldn't hire him. Someone needs to tell him to pull up his big girl panties and quit whining

X2