Apology on thread

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

I apologize to all for my tone on the Best Heifer thread. Sometimes I get very fustrated. I know I just can't please everyone. I try not to take sides but I'm still called a bully by some. I don't want back patting on this, I know I shouldn't stoop to such levels.

I'm not pulling parts of the thread. I want everyone to see how words & comments can hurt all & how it can get out of hand.

Once again, I apologize all our faithful readers especially the younger ones.

Red  :'(

knabe

usually the only threads i pull are the one's that attach the wrangler patch to the jeans, so that when they eventually come out anyway, i don't have a dark stain.

by the way, there are at least 7 differences between wranglers and levi's.  here they are.

one direction rollover inseam is on the outside with wranglers, on the inside with wranglers, reducing the mound where the inseams meat, right where it doesn't need to be
stitch in wranglers is a better, more triangulated weave as opposed to levis which is a simple over under and is prone to stretching.  simple triangularity in weaving for platforms on boats is proof enough that this is important for wear and durability.  interesting that levis, first developed as a fabric for sails, didn't understand this.
cut higher in the seat so your shirt doesn't become untucked
more belt loops
smooth rivets on the outside so it won't scratch momma's leather seats in the sedan
button fly versus zipper
bigger deeper pockets

wishes.  make the pockets a little bigger and more towards the center on the bigger sizes so that everyone can look a little more narrow reared.

red

Knabe- only you! you gave me a chuckle & Ineeded it today.

I will now get over myself. after all it's not always about me or so I'm told!  ;)

Red  <party>

Cowboy

Red, you have nothing to apologize for. I read the thread as well, and some of those comments WERE uncalled for, they deserved a reaction.

No need to feel bad in my opinion -- which normally isn't worth much.

People just need to stop digging holes and then others wouldn't be inclined to have to fill them back in!

Go have a good day -- life is shorter than any of us really knows!

Terry

oakbar

Glad you said something, Red!!  We were all thinking it!!   

Once again we have people trying to win the "war of opinions"!!  When we can't offer something positive to the others on this site we should just keep our opinions to ourselves-- of course that's just my opinion.  Is that confusing in your opinion??

I think I'll stop now!!

DL

I risk the wrath of the red army and the thought police with this opinion - these repeated cyber mea culpas followed by absolution and affirmation are getting really boring. Lets move on and talk cattle - you don't like someones advise or opinion - don't take it. If these threads continue maybe we will have to rename the site to shrink planet - an on line community for soul searching and psychobabble

red

DL said:
I risk the wrath of the red army and the thought police with this opinion - these repeated cyber mea culpas followed by absolution and affirmation are getting really boring. Lets move on and talk cattle - you don't like someones advise or opinion - don't take it. If these threads continue maybe we will have to rename the site to shrink planet - an on line community for soul searching and psychobabble

wow is all I can say!

Red   

doubled

oakbar said:
Glad you said something, Red!!   We were all thinking it!!   

Once again we have people trying to win the "war of opinions"!!   When we can't offer something positive to the others on this site we should just keep our opinions to ourselves-- of course that's just my opinion.   Is that confusing in your opinion??

I think I'll stop now!!

I totally agree, and as a moderator I feel that Red has every right to intervene

steermomintx

red said:
DL said:

wow is all I can say!

Red     
Good response Red!!!!  I agree with cowboy you did not do anything wrong!!

GONEWEST

DL said:

"mea culpa" ?

This is like the posts about not liking clubby cattle, or shorthorns, or scotch hilanders or those that breed them..............DON"T FREAKIN' READ 'EM IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'EM. It works for me. Like the endless posts on PHA, not interested so I don't read 'em.

Maybe my friend Knabe can help me with the latin "mea culpa." Until then, I'll leave the disambiguation to others.

red

I had to think hard from my 2 years of Latin in high school but I think "mea culpa" means my fault in Latin.

Until the admin says otherwise, the board will be a mixture of cattle topics & the totally irrelavant. Look at the word games. They're the most popular topics & have nothing to do w/ cattle. Life is rough sometimes & we all need something to smile about or share w/ each other.

Red  <party>

Show Heifer

I never ask for an apology. So don't care.

But I am getting sick of this "bandwagon" approach to attacking people (ok, mainly me). but keep on my ass (that is legal....because "someone" else uses it) as it is big enough for everyone to have a piece. I believe this is the EXACT attitude that lead someone by the name of red to leave SS. She then ask me to follow along with invites to several other selected folks. She hoped to find a place where opinions were exchanged, and even though they were different, no one was attacked, or looked down upon. This was obviously the case until a few months ago when an event happened.

so red, you got what you wanted. Stand tall and don't apologize. Own it for once.

rmbcows

guess I'll step in it too....
I think Red has a "bandwagon" because if she thinks she has said something harsh or if she thinks she's offended someone, she apologizes!  Personally, if I had said something and it was taken the" wrong" way, let's say something like "I hope your best show heifer won't breed", I'd offer an apology and TRY to explain it more clearly.  Just seems like there are a couple on here who's posts seem so harsh, especially answering a kids question.  Lets try to remember how emotionally attached we were to our first calves and give these kids all the supportive advice we can. 

red

Show Heifer said:
I never ask for an apology. So don't care.

But I am getting sick of this "bandwagon" approach to attacking people (ok, mainly me). but keep on my ass (that is legal....because "someone" else uses it) as it is big enough for everyone to have a piece. I believe this is the EXACT attitude that lead someone by the name of red to leave SS. She then ask me to follow along with invites to several other selected folks. She hoped to find a place where opinions were exchanged, and even though they were different, no one was attacked, or looked down upon. This was obviously the case until a few months ago when an event happened.

so red, you got what you wanted. Stand tall and don't apologize. Own it for once.

I'm going to try this one more time & hope it's the last of the topic.
I'm really not sure how to read your post Jen. Yes, I invited you & really have no idea why that is relavant. I, as wll as many invited a lot of people.

The apology was made to the entire board not just one person. I was taught that if you made a mistake or did something you regret you apologize. It's called humility.
I also stand very tall. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to own up to, I thought that was in the apology.

No one is ganging up on anyone. I'm sure some feel the same when you or others jump on their backs about a post. Also I left SS because of the fighting on both sides. It got childish but that's not going to happen here.

Finally, I'm not sure I got what I wanted. I wanted to clear the air, I hope that is what you meant.

Thanks for all the comments both positive & negative.

Red

ELBEE

knabe said:
usually the only threads i pull are the one's that attach the wrangler patch to the jeans, so that when they eventually come out anyway, i don't have a dark stain.

by the way, there are at least 7 differences between wranglers and levi's.  here they are.

one direction rollover inseam is on the outside with wranglers, on the inside with wranglers, reducing the mound where the inseams meat, right where it doesn't need to be
stitch in wranglers is a better, more triangulated weave as opposed to levis which is a simple over under and is prone to stretching.  simple triangularity in weaving for platforms on boats is proof enough that this is important for wear and durability.  interesting that levis, first developed as a fabric for sails, didn't understand this.
more belt loops
smooth rivets on the outside so it won't scratch momma's leather seats in the sedan

Did you know, you just descibed why PBRer's wear Wranglers?
button fly versus zipper
bigger deeper pockets

wishes.  make the pockets a little bigger and more towards the center on the bigger sizes so that everyone can look a little more narrow reared.

DLD

ELBEE said:
knabe said:

more belt loops

Did you know, you just descibed why PBRer's wear Wranglers?
button fly versus zipper
bigger deeper pockets

Especially those of us with a bigger waist and a narrow rear end anyway...

Joe Boy

I called football games for 35 years and loved most of it.  I miss it still and watch the officials more than the game when I go and am disappointed that they do not hustle or even know the rules.  (The last year I called I was not going to but they asked me to at the last minute and I took the state test without studying.  Even with the new rule changes I made a 98.  There were guys there that went to the state meeting and workshops that did not pass the test until they took it 4 times and they had called games for years.)

In a varsity game one Friday night, the coach whose team won state the year before, who had a reputation for chewing on the officials, got cranked up chewing on the Head Lineman, who was the president of our chapter and the Youth Minister at the First Baptist Church in Wichita Falls.  Late in the fourth quarter with the game out of hand (52-7) the coach was still chewing.  Gary turned to him and said, "Coach, are you hungry."  Matt replied, "I am getting that way."  Gary said, "Coach, I do not know how you can be hungry since you chewed on my ass all night."  The Coach threw his head phones off and went to laughing up a storm.  He said, "Thanks, my Mother always says I take this game too seriously."

<party> <party> <party> <party> (clapping) (clapping)