Appetite Express

Help Support Steer Planet:

klintdog

I've got some heifers that are just coming off a battle with pneumonia and I'm trying to get them all back on feed. I've got 3 open heifers in a pen right now and I'm hitting them with the Appetite Express granular in the morning and at night. How long can I safely hit them with the granular in the feed before I start running into problems. Our next show won't be until Denver, but I need to get them eating again. I gave them the ProBios paste when we hit them with the NuFlor just to get them looking at feed again.

shortyjock89

I'm not sure about Apetite Express, but I know you can feed Brewer's Yeast to them and it won't ever hurt them.  We always have it in our calf starter feed, as it's REALLY good for the rumen bugs.  If you get leery of the Apetite Express, try the yeast, we've never had a big of trouble with it.

herfchic

I have fed appetite express to show calves for weeks at a time and never run into problems.

showsteerdlux

I fed it for 5 months straight to a steer that was young and needed the extra boost. Now idk if it helped but we did keep him eating- almost 50#'s a day.

klintdog

Has anyone tried feeding it straight with breeding stock? I want to make sure we don't end up with fertility problems in the bulls or females at some point down the road.

showsteerdlux

I'd recommend calling Valley Vet. They have Sullivans merchandise and have vets on hand to answer any questions. They are flat out nice, and we have never had anything but success with what they have told us.

red

Vitaferm also has a good product. Brain freeze & can't remember name.

Red

showgirl

I've used it on heifers! NO PROBLEMS!!
I was only using it on my steers/heifers right before a county fair or if they were being shown alot to keep weight on them..
I used it for months on in and saw no problems>sometimes I feed it with probis if I wanted a little bit more of a appite

klintdog said:
Has anyone tried feeding it straight with breeding stock? I want to make sure we don't end up with fertility problems in the bulls or females at some point down the road.

klintdog

The directions say to feed 1/2 ounce per head, per day. So if I have 4 animals I'm feeding in a pen, I put down 1 ounce in the morning and 1 ounce in the evening....basically the full 2 ounces, but spread over the 2 feedings. It seems to be working so far.

Show Dad

Kdog - I will have to look for where I saw that on the type of product AE is that you should give all the recommended amount at one time. I thought it was on the AE label but that ain't it. I'll get to looking.

klintdog

SD said:
Kdog - I will have to look for where I saw that on the type of product AE is that you should give all the recommended amount at one time. I thought it was on the AE label but that ain't it. I'll get to looking.

SD - Did the mothership get back to you on this?

Latest posts