***ASK BRAD HOOK A QUESTION THREAD***

Help Support Steer Planet:

Show Heifer

Last question I promise: What is on your hat? A new up and coming bull??

zak

Hey Brad,

When your selling a spring born bull in a (feb-march) When do you usually start a bull on feed. Because if you start a bull on straight grain in sept. and you have to feed them all the way through how is there any profit to be made if you only selling the bull for 3000 and you have to pay a fee for consigning it into the sale.

Zak

cwbyup62

Mark Sneed again,,,,Considering all aspects of the show cattle industry,    breds, club calves, bulls, semen,    what is the most challenging part of marketing any part of it and why, and how do you approach that marketing problem.

jason

ranch4profit said:
is there going to be a transcript of this? I only get about every 3 words brad is aying then it cuts out.

Your connection must be too slow.  It is coming through clear.

justintime

1) Do you know if there will be My Turn semen available in Canada

2) In your opinion, why are so many Clubbie bulls so hard to freeze, when those of us who raise breeding stock, have to produce bulls that pass a breeding soundness exam at 12 months or before ?

ranch4profit

we need to get more new family's showing if we are going to maintain the current growth rate of all the "pasture sales" how do you think we can do this. its very hard to convince a mom and dad to spend a few or even sevarl thousand dollars to buy there kid a stter win the chances of even coming remotly close to breaking even is possiable.... what if any ideas do you have to help with this?  
im very conseerned that we have cut our own throat will the 30 40 50 thousand dollar cattle. how do you convince a parent on somewhat of a budget that they are throwing thier money away to go get pounded at these show by the "eilite" at the expos and state fairs.

allaboutwho02

Brad,
Who in your opinion are some of the people you believe got this indusrty going strong years ago? And who in your opinion are some of the Legends of the Clubby market?
Thanks

zak

What can we expect down the road for videos? Also what is the best calf you have heard of this spring and what is he out of?

zak

ranch4profit

Jason said:
ranch4profit said:
is there going to be a transcript of this? I only get about every 3 words brad is aying then it cuts out.

Your connection must be too slow.  It is coming through clear.

yes it must be... what i am getting is great but its very hard to follow... is there a way you can put this on youtube and i can download it and  watch it all later

Downtown Pete

Brad, in your oppinion who are some of the producers that consistently raise the best set of calves every year.  

Diamond

Brad, what TH pha free bull would you recommend to add depth to clubby bred cows that will keep the bone and hair?

Show Heifer

Sorry, I lied, but this is the last question from me!

You keep mentioning that a bull should have a different pedigree to be promoted, something different. But how can you convice buyers, or someone like yourself, to come and look at a calf that doesn't have a "known pedigree" or a heat wave, heat seeker, WHW, etc?  Or an unknown, no name dam?  

How can you be different yet be marketable?

drl

If you were building a picture pen from scratch, how big would you make it for calf pictures? Shape? Have another pen next to it for the cow?...

jason

I will go ahead and stop the questions right here, if not we will be here all night.  If Brad wants to keep going he can let you know how many more questions he will take.

Just let us know how many more questions you will take.