Australian Heading to the States

Help Support Steer Planet:

Gday Everyone

Names Kevin. I'm from Australia! A little town called Tungkillo in South Australia! I won a Beef Cattle Study Tour to North America and I'm heading over in June 2013 for a few months or longer. My family has a small Santa Gertrudis Stud and I've been showing cattle for about 10 years. I Studied Environmental Science at uni and graduated last year.

I'm looking for Beef cattle operations where i would be able to come and stay for a few days or weeks or however long it doest really matter. i want to see as much as i can and meet as many people as i can. Ideally i want to go to some Santa Gertrudis operations and Bos Indicus cattle are my preference but I'm not biased and anyone who wants to show me around that would be great!!!

Ideas, thoughts, suggestions, contacts, any help would be great!!!

Cheers Guys and Girls

Gargan

there will be several state fairs that you can visit throughout july and august. U will probably find most bos indicus cattle in the southern states like florida, mississsippi, texas, arizona. it should be a wonderful trip for you. congrats!! (clapping)

Thanks for that. Im looking for different places that would be able to host me for a few days or week or something to show me anything and everything about american beef cattle opperations. shows would be great, commercial properties, studs, feedlots anything im well and truley up for ideas

Bulldaddy

If you want to see Santa Gerturdis cattle you should visit the historic King Ranch, Kingsville, Texas.  Also, another great place to visit in South Texas would be La Muneca Cattle Compay.  Carlos Guerra would be the one to contact.  You can read a little about these great folks at their website.  Lots of good Bos Indicus as well as Simbrah cattle.  http://www.lamunecacattle.com/ranchhistory.html

awesome thanks for the hints. I really want to go to king ranch. ive sent an email but not to sure if it was the correct one (from visitor page on there website) but no response  :(.

Unfortunatly wont be able to bring any dogs over. and we dont use any dogs on our property and i dont know to many people who uses dogs with the cattle around the area. mainly only use them with sheep :)

My email address is [email protected] would greatly appreciate anyone who contacts me on there who can help me out! i will get on the santa page tomorow but its late now so i need to get some sleep for work tomorow.

look forward to hearing from everyone  <cowboy>

???? any helpers ????

would be great to visit anyone who wants to show me around