avoid Cincinnati (non cattle)

Help Support Steer Planet:

Malinda

Just to get everyone's mind off politics, the weather and the economy for a few minutes, I thought I would let you know some of the news out of Cincinnati.

Last week there was an outbreak of whooping cough that continues to spread through the schools.

Yesterday there was a story about a tiger getting loose over in Indiana. They could not figure out how to 'catch' it so they waited and after 8 hours it went 'home' all by itself.

Last night there was a story about some guy's pet snake trapping him in the corner of a room for a while. PET snake?

This morning there was a story about a swat team surrounding a house at 3 a.m. on a domestic violence call. They were there for 3 hours only to find out the guy escaped with his weapons. So, mister armed and dangerous is on the run. Don't pick up any men on the freeway!

Another story this morning was about bed bugs. They have a dog that will be trained by February that will come to your house and sniff out the critters and their eggs. There have been bed bug stories in Cincy for years. You might want to avoid the motels!

And to top off the stories for this morning is a story about cases of scabies. Makes me itch thinking about little mites under my skin.

So, if whooping cough, tigers, snakes, swat teams, weapon carrying fugitives, bed bugs and scabies isn't enough to keep you out of Cincy just remember the record of the Reds and the Bengals. At least the real Bengal tiger had the sense to give it up.

Go Bucks. At least they are in Columbus.

Everyone have a good day.

Malinda

cowz

Malinda,

Next time you drive through Cincinnati, I might suggest you pack a hunting rifle, a tazer, get a DPT vaccination, a can of Raid, and some anti fungal cream!

Glad there are no cattle shows there!!      Hope you have a great day.......and stay out of the greater metro areas!

knabe

the plague of athens in ~430 BC.  it's amazing there isn't more of this stuff everywhere.

mandating density is silly.

Dusty

I try to avoid all urban areas is general.  Cities have too many weird people in them....

knabe

The US may soon cut business tax as part of its efforts to prop up the slowing economy amid the global financial crisis, state media reported on Tuesday.

The government is ‘very likely’ to soon cut the business tax for enterprises by one percentage point, the Washington Daily said, citing an unnamed source close to policymakers.

The US’s current business tax varies from three to 20 per cent, boosting government revenue by 600 billion dollars (S$131 billion) last year, according to the paper.

The news follows other state press reports last week that Washington was planning to cut business tax for commercial banks - possibly to three percent from the current five percent, to help improve their capital adequacy.

tee hee, this is actually CHINA, not the US.  in the US, we are doing the opposite, and compounding that with regulation, especially in CA.

red

another thing that is wrong w/ Cincinnati is that was where I was born!  ;)

Red

oakbar

I try to avoid big cities as well!!  Its like my father used to say "Putting too many people together in one place is like crowding too many pigs in a pen---eventually they'll start chewing on each other tails and ears and giving each other any diseases you can think of--maybe even  some you can't"

shortyjock89

oakbar said:
I try to avoid big cities as well!!  Its like my father used to say "Putting too many people together in one place is like crowding too many pigs in a pen---eventually they'll start chewing on each other tails and ears and giving each other any diseases you can think of--maybe even  some you can't"

Your dad had some LONG sayings.  Sounds like a smart guy.....probably wouldn't make it as a catch phrase inventor though!

oakbar

Dad was actually a fairly short spoken man.  After he'd  explained it to us--he just said "People and Pigs"  and we knew what he meant!!

farmboy

cincinatti sucks, ive been there and hate it. their sports teams... terrible. citys in general are bad. too many weirdos walking around and you never know if they are "packing" or whatever, ill stay on the farm thank you very much

Dusty

zach said:
cincinatti sucks, ive been there and hate it. their sports teams... terrible. citys in general are bad. too many weirdos walking around and you never know if they are "packing" or whatever, ill stay on the farm thank you very much

Funny story about cities:

My brother went to a big fish restaurant in Omaha one time in order to get 200 fishheads for coon bait.  Anyways I get a call about 9 am and he says Dusty, I'm lost in Omaha, get on the internet and tell me how to get out!!!!  So he told me where he was at and I told him how to get out and find his back to the sticks...  One of his comments was pretty funny. "Christ I know why these damn people are shooting each other all the time...it's a good thing I left the high power on the table this morning..."

Malinda

You just can't make some of this stuff up.........

A man was arrested on the freeway after a one vehicle accident. The police discovered the car was stolen and arrested the driver. The arrested driver said they should not arrest HIM....he stole the car to chase a guy he saw steel a car. Lord help me!

They have also arrested a 15 year old boy for car theft, drunk driving and vehicular homicide. His FIVE YEAR OLD passanger died.

Yes, there are some good things about Cincy. One is that I am able to avoid driving thru there on the way to Louisville. Hang a left out of my driveway and you can cross the Ohio River into Maysville, Ky. Then I go to Paris, Ky and on to southern Lexington. Lexington to Louisville. Same amount of time as going thru Cincy and I get to see the beautiful country between Paris and Lexington.

To prove there are SOME nice people in the big city. A teacher from one school went to a basketball game against a rival school. She saw how bad the equipment, shoes, socks, uniforms were from the rival school. She has collected enough donations from her school and area to buy new stuff for the rival team. Doesn't that give you a warm fuzzy feeling for the holidays?

Zach.....Last summer a guy broke out of the jail in Chillicothe and they thought he was armed, dangerous and hiding in the woods in my direction. Two of my friends from way back in nursing school called me about every day to check on me. They weren't as much worried about my welfare as they were the fugitive's welfare. You see, this old heifer has a history of packing. I'm not talking luggage! He had been arrested for killing a police officer.

As I have been sitting here typing, they have just told about a 28 year old man being arrested for breaking both arms, both legs and there being a total of 7 fractures ON HIS 7 MONTH OLD DAUGHTER'S BODY.

Enough.

Good evening to all,

Malinda

shortyjock89

oakbar said:
Dad was actually a fairly short spoken man.   After he'd  explained it to us--he just said "People and Pigs"  and we knew what he meant!!

Sounds like my kinda guy  ;).  I know my dad can't tell a short story to save his life....seems like I miss the point of his stories a lot of the time because he emphasizes details, and not the big picture....oh well.  And yeah.  Cities suck in general.  They have hospitals and schools, which are good, but I can do without millions of people so close together.

xxcc

i have one reason to loathe Cincinnati --> an ex-girlfriend from there, that was a little too little upstairs for me.  :mad:(argue) ???

That, and that damn Skyline Chili is disgusting.  (dog)

bcosu

xxcc said:
That, and that damn Skyline Chili is disgusting.  (dog)
goldstar chili is the real stuff from cincy, also called the nasty 'natti. skyline is local too though. we have them up here and we're an hour from cincy.

red

love Skyline chili! We have one in Lima & I beg the hubby to stop when we're there. I've made it at home. You don't brown the hamburger like some recipes call for. It also has a touch of cinnamon in it.

Red

farmboy

Malinda said:
You just can't make some of this stuff up.........

A man was arrested on the freeway after a one vehicle accident. The police discovered the car was stolen and arrested the driver. The arrested driver said they should not arrest HIM....he stole the car to chase a guy he saw steel a car. Lord help me!

They have also arrested a 15 year old boy for car theft, drunk driving and vehicular homicide. His FIVE YEAR OLD passanger died.

Yes, there are some good things about Cincy. One is that I am able to avoid driving thru there on the way to Louisville. Hang a left out of my driveway and you can cross the Ohio River into Maysville, Ky. Then I go to Paris, Ky and on to southern Lexington. Lexington to Louisville. Same amount of time as going thru Cincy and I get to see the beautiful country between Paris and Lexington.

To prove there are SOME nice people in the big city. A teacher from one school went to a basketball game against a rival school. She saw how bad the equipment, shoes, socks, uniforms were from the rival school. She has collected enough donations from her school and area to buy new stuff for the rival team. Doesn't that give you a warm fuzzy feeling for the holidays?

Zach.....Last summer a guy broke out of the jail in Chillicothe and they thought he was armed, dangerous and hiding in the woods in my direction. Two of my friends from way back in nursing school called me about every day to check on me. They weren't as much worried about my welfare as they were the fugitive's welfare. You see, this old heifer has a history of packing. I'm not talking luggage! He had been arrested for killing a police officer.

Enough.

Good evening to all,

Malinda

yea i remember that. i know my crew was packing

Davis Shorthorns

Hey we need to quit bashing big citys... with out them all those yahoos would be out here in the sticks with us!  :D