Awards at County Fair

Help Support Steer Planet:

mainecattlemother

We recently found out that our county could no longer do savings bonds for awards and we are looking for suggestions of what to do.  We also do trophy's and medallions.  What are some other awards that have been used.  Any ideas appreciated.

obie105

When I was showing they did monogrammed chairs, towels, hanging clothes bags, duffle bags, windbreakers. Also recieved etched glasses, plaques, and a friend once recieved hand painted patio stone. Some ideas

coachmac

Useful items.  functional buckets with a custom sticker are nice.  Smaller buckets for smaller livestock, larger ones for the cattle.  Combs, halters, etc.  We are trying to incorporate chairs into our fair by sponsoring them.  Gives something for the kids to be proud of at ANY event they go to, not just cattle shows. 

COWgirls

Our kids like plaques, trophies, belt buckles, and banners.

flacowman

If you want to still give "money" then give them checks from the county Farm Bureau, Cattlemen's Association, or 4H office and just route the funds through them.  If you want to give things then buckles, plaques, trophies, and banners are the classic award, with the other mentioned earlier as other options.

leanbeef

My kids have won lots of stuff, and their belt buckles are the most coveted and most cherished. I think they feel they've really accomplished something when they get a nice buckle. And they wear them with pride!

frostback

I like usful items with a sticker or something that shows it was won and for what and where and when. My son won a show halter the first time out for showmanship and its his go to halter even if it dosnt fit the calf. I wish it had a little, cant think of the name of it, but brass thingy tacked to it to say when it was won. I dont have enough room to show all the trophys, but I can always use brushes, combs, buckets, halters and such.