B Good's sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

justme

Anyone walk thru Tim's cattle yet?  I'm more interested in the maines, but always looking for anything special.

knabe

dang, thanks for that prompt,

there is one interesting animal in there, my mouth dropped.  couldn't believe it

knabe

i like lot 51 and 34, 45a, 45b

guess i won't reveal the shock lot just yet, which isn't for sale by the way, just a flush

justintime

I heard that Tim got rolled by a heifer that just calved last week.The heifer was quiet prior to calving but snapped when  he stepped into the pen to check the newborn calf.  From what I heard, he rolled himself into a ball and the heifer beat on him for several minutes before he was able to roll out of the pen. Guess he is cut up and bruised from what I have heard, but he is lucky it was not worse.
I have also heard that there is a very good set of cattle in this offering, however, I have not seen them myself.... just going on what I have heard.

stick

Just did a quick scroll through of the catalog and saw only one flush lot, 56. Looks like a variety of breeding selections from the consignors. Even some Salutes and at least one Proud Jazz mating.

Hope Tim is doing OK. Not really anything to joke about, but I know a couple of auctioneers and ringmen that would say it wouldn't  take much for Tim to be able to roll up into a ball shape.  ::)

knabe

jaw dropper was lot one, i called it a flush, which it isn't, because it's three embryo's, but technically a pregnancy, since you get to choose.  she is also the dam of lot 3.

shorthorn folks, any history on the top side?  i like that bull.  i thought these two (mother of lot 1 and lot 3)looked different than everything in the catalog except for the ones i listed above (lot 51 and 34, 45a, 45b).

can't say enough, i really like that bull.

would like to see PHA and TH status on both though, especially since draft pick is in there only two generations back in the cow.

justme

He was pretty scraped up.  His one arm had a HUGE scab.  I didn't ask what happened.

garybob

My picks are the Leader 21 grandson(masculinity,early maturity, big testicles, M-U-S-C-L-E) the pick lot '7026' heifers from Bertz's, and the older, Canadian-bred cows would be good genetic investments ( on the basis of longevity, fleshing ease, etc.) I, personally wouldn't trade a bucket of tomatoes, or, a bundle of cheap, green, 5-ft Tee-Posts for anything else in the sale.

Just my opinion.

justme

There was some nice ones there and some bargains.  We bought the Sin City shorthorn plus heifer from Mitchell's.  Picture in the catalog didn't do her justice.

I hope you went thru the cattle before you made a statement like that.  If you went thru them you are entitled to your opinion.

shortyjock89

I tell ya, I thought that Shorthorn Plus heifer might be pretty good with a little more time and feed...is she as fancy and hairy as she looks in the picture?  Also, do you have any plans to show her in Kansas City at Jr. Natl's next year? I think that the Maines and Shorthorns are gonna be there at the same time..

justme

That picture looks terrible compared to what she looks like now.  She's real thick, moves nice, and is such a neat color.  My little girl thinks she's awesome.  She is so tame too, just right for Danielle.  Yes we will be taking her to Jr. Nationals and all over the place if things go right.  The picture was a quick picture at the sale so I could show Danielle what we bought.

Attachments

• lindi.jpg
    lindi.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 476

shortyjock89

She looks thick for sure!  I'm pretty excited for Jr. Nationals next summer, I hope I see you there.