back in the game

Help Support Steer Planet:

nysteerguy

after a long and unnecessary hiatus from the message board i believe it is time to get back into things especially with my family's fair coming up next week.  how has everyone been?  how are the cattle doin?  i see the number of members has risen dramatically since spring time.  anyway i hope everything is going well for everyone.  talk to ya'll later.

-NYer

shortyjock89

Hey there and welcome back!! Good to see one of my fellow "Young Guns" back in action.  We've had some exciting times while you were away.  I'm sure you'll get filled in by everyone.  What have you been up to while on hiatus?  Welcome Back to SP!

DL

Hey NYer - We missed ya! We all got smarter and had a bit of fun, unfortunately the Sabres had a not so great playoff season - but there is always next year! Glad you are back, dl

ps careful SJ - you "young Guns" are good but no match for us old wiley ones ;D ;D

nysteerguy

SJ,

i have basically been working as many hours as I can because I need to replace my car.  But my bosses saw fit to give me a couple of days off before I went completely mad.

PS-I wish there was a way to challenge the old wise guys and gals that would be outrageously entertaining

Show Heifer

Young guns vs old whips......just remember, I would rather be old and tired (and smart) than young and dead (and dumb)!!!!!  But I have learned PLENTY from "youngsters"!! I am just glad they don't laugh at me when I ask silly questions!! ;D

DL

[size=10pt]We have a secret weapon - The A3 - just imagine looking at the horizon and seeing him in a purple tube top, orange bell bottoms, driving a chariot pulled by multicolored Beefpacas! A sight of beauty to be sure![/size]

Show Heifer

We may need more than ONE savior.....any others wanna step up to the plate??? ;D

ROAD WARRIOR

Old age and trechary will overcome youth and vigor everytime. Experience is the edge, memory is the downfall.

red

Better not put too much faith into THE Angus. Sort of a story "when the cat's away the mice will play"  Cat's back.
Sorry Rusty, picking on you.

Red

DL

as I recall DLD,  chambero, telos, gyspy and others have purple tube tops, so we would never rely on just The A3, RW you need to get on.....

red

Really glad to see the young guys & gals on the board. It is because of them that the cattle industry will continue. I always have tried to answer the questions from them & encourage the participation.

Would love a contest of young versus old! Might have to through in middle age for those that don't consider themselves old!!!

Red

ROAD WARRIOR

RED - You are exactly right, the young guns are the future. If we can share our knowledge gained from experience with them we might just save them a few hard knocks that we took in our youth. Truth be known I mentally still feel pretty young, if I could just get the body to believe that I would have it made.

ROAD WARRIOR

dragon lady said:
as I recall DLD,  chambero, telos, gyspy and others have purple tube tops, so we would never rely on just The A3, RW you need to get on.....
DL - get on the first bus out of town? the wagon? or just get on with it?.....

DL

ROAD WARRIOR said:
dragon lady said:
DL - get on the first bus out of town? the wagon? or just get on with it?.....

WOOPS!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
It should say RW you need to get ONE (a purple tube top that is)  ;D the road you are on is AOK!

ROAD WARRIOR

Also looking for a purple roan beefpaca - would like one about 15 hands tall, broad acrossed the chest and rump!

shortyjock89

ROAD WARRIOR said:
Also looking for a purple roan beefpaca - would like one about 15 hands tall, broad acrossed the chest and rump!

RW- I think that belongs in the classifieds...lol...I think I heard of one in Upstate New York...somethin about trying out for the Sabre's mascot...

DL

shortyjock89 said:
ROAD WARRIOR said:

RW- I think that belongs in the classifieds...lol...I think I heard of one in Upstate New York...somethin about trying out for the Sabre's mascot...

From what I understand a  purple roan beefpaca of approximately 15 hands tall, broad acrossed the chest and rump was turned away at the Canadian-NY border at the Falls - something about a passport -he never made it to the Sabres mascot tryouts -  RW your Beefpaca may be headed to western Canada, better keep in touch with JIT, although we could as the OPP for an APB! ;D ;D