Bad Medicine

Help Support Steer Planet:

HFSC

Can anyone give me some information on the bull Bad Medicine. Found some in the semen tank and wondered if it was worth keeping.

colosteers

I used one straw of Bad Medicine -  last year by accident ( have no idea how it got in my tank, thought I was using Pistol Pete).  After the cow was AI'd, looked at the straw and seen it was Bad Medicine.

Cow is a reg angus - small framed,soggy and deep.    Got a bull calf, nothing special,tall and a little old fashioned for todays show cattle.  Will wean a respectable weight -  so wasn't a waste of a cow for the year.

This is my only experience with Bad Medicine, I wouldn't suggest that you throw it away unless you are desperately  need the room in the tank.  Keep it and use it in a pinch, like a late calving cow that is only 40 days calved or such.

Hope this helps and Have a good one

showman ne

I've seen several calves in sales this fall whose dam's are daughters or granddaughters of bad medicine. the dams i have seen are really complete cows, none of them really jump out and grab you, but they cover the basics and seem to work really well with both who and heatseeker/wave bloodlines. i've noticed that several seem to be a little high in their tailhead set if i were to critisize.

bcosu

they definitely make great females with lots of longevity. we had two only have one now though but they would have the most consistent calves year to year. the calves are just out of a purebred angus bull and the calves only make it to the feedlot but they always have the look. they are old enough that they didn't get ai'd alot but wish we would started trying them earlier. i think he is best used to make females though.

Throttle

Contact Bob Agle, here's info:

http://www.showsteers.com/Agle/index.htm

They raised and promoted the bull. He is super for clubby cows that cross well to the steer bulls. Bob still flushes cows to him to raise females, and Bob puts a nice set together every year

Latest posts